A couple random noob questions - and yes I've searched for answers but no luck
I've explored this site for answers to these questions and I'm sure they are there somewhere but I guess I'm not using the right key words to search. Any answers to any of these questions are greatly appreciated. Background: I have softmodded my 4.2u system, installed HBC, Priiloader and USB Loader GX
1) I did the Wii Sports Resort fix and the game works fine but when I quit back to the Wii Menu, the screen goes black and I have to reboot my system to get it working again. ??
2) I downloaded CustomizeMii to create channels for NES, SNES and N64. Is it safe to install the pre-configured channel wads that CustomizeMii downloads? and if they brick my system is that considered a bannerbrick? (i have priiloader installed) and could somebody provide a guide to recover from a bannerbrick please?
3) I have turned OFF my WiiConnect24. Is this ok? I would like to use the Wii Vote Channel and the Nintendo channel but it says I have to update online. If I do this update so I can use those channels is it going to hurt my Wii thats softmodded?
4) There is a link on this site that shows what IOS's are needed for what games. If I need a certain IOS so I can play a game, is it safe to install them? Or are there guides on how to do this?
Please and thank you in advance.
Last edited by shane-o-mack; 05-14-2010 at 08:02 AM.
1 User Says Thank You emuhack For This Useful Post
Thank you for the help. If anybody is looking for the updates to the channels I found them here:
Originally Posted by emuhack
and then here are the most recent files to download:
3 more questions though:
1) Do I need to keep certain or any .wads on the root or anywhere on the SD card after I have installed them?
2) Can I install a IOS on top of anthoer IOS? Meaning do I have to uninstall the older IOS in order to install a newer version of an IOS?
3) If I soft modded my Wii with CIOS38r14, is there a point to install CIOS38r17? Do I need to update this once I have softmodded my Wii?
Thanks in advance
Everyone, please feel free to correct me if i am mistaken on any of this.
1.) Most, if not all .wad files can be deleted once they're installed. Sometimes i hang onto mine if i need to remove them via .wad manager though. All WADs should be in the wad folder however and not your root, i have yet to come across a program that requires a wad in the root as it's usually a .dol that the program runs off of.
2.) Yes, you can install over them as deleting is not recommended at all.
3.) If rev14 runs your games fine, then leave it alone. rev17 would just update some of the files. people have been having issues with rev19 though, so for now id stay away frmo that one.
Again, hope this helps but im an amature myself so listen to those with more experience if they counter one of my answers.
1 User Says Thank You Teknix2600 For This Useful Post
Thank you again for the help.
I think I have a good comprehension of the tools I am using now. My fear is that I will brick my Wii and won't be able to restore it. If I do for some reason install a corrupted or bad .wad and I brick my system, is this considered a bannerbrick? What other types are bricks are there and what would cause them? (other than uninstalling an IOS under 200)?
Tags for this Thread