Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: cant get WBFS on my USB

  1. #11
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,473
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    if the wii is standing up or in the stand that it came with the correct port is

    the LEFT port if facing the front

    the RIGHT port if you are looking at it from the back...


  2. 1 User Says Thank You emuhack For This Useful Post


  3. #12
    Member lfc4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 368 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deathpanx View Post
    i cant seem to be able to create partitions on my external hd
    Do you know how to plug it into your PC and delete the current partitions?

  4. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc4ever View Post
    Do you know how to plug it into your PC and delete the current partitions?

    yea i can delete the only partition it has the primary one..

  5. #14
    Member lfc4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 368 Times in 311 Posts
    Is there anything on the drive you must keep for backup reasons or files you need for other reasons?

  6. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc4ever View Post
    Is there anything on the drive you must keep for backup reasons or files you need for other reasons?
    well i put everything on my computer just in case i have to format but i dont want to if its not gonna even load the games..

  7. #16
    Member lfc4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 368 Times in 311 Posts
    Well now it's crunch time, remove all partitions via Windows Disk Manager, leave the drive letter assigned to the drive, back to WBFS and navigate to the drive letter of the drive and try formatting now.

  8. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc4ever View Post
    back to WBFS and navigate to the drive letter of the drive and try formatting now.

    ok you lost me here?? my drive is fat32 im not totally computer smart but some what there..

  9. #18
    Member lfc4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    878
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 368 Times in 311 Posts
    Did you remove all partitions on the drive first? This means it will NOT be formatted to anything.

    Then load up WBFS Manager, and where it says "Drive" with a dropdown menu - dropdown to the drive letter of the now unpartioned drive and do a format.

  10. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lfc4ever View Post
    Did you remove all partitions on the drive first? This means it will NOT be formatted to anything.

    Then load up WBFS Manager, and where it says "Drive" with a dropdown menu - dropdown to the drive letter of the now unpartioned drive and do a format.
    so do i delete the volume or format???

  11. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok it has no file system type.. it says error occurred while attempting to format when i try in WBFS manager..
    Last edited by deathpanx; 01-12-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •