Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: how to play game cube games

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    how to play game cube games

    hi i want to play gamecube games on my softmod 4.1e wii but dont know what i need.
    i have googled a bit but not found a tut that i can use and found some threads on here but still unsure.
    i do know i need a gamecube homebrew launcher but not sure how to use it.

    thanks for help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,193
    Thanks
    2,206
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Use stomp's guide. I did it on several wiis, then use neogamma to launch with.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/software-bac...tml#post149779

  3. 3 Users Say Thank You to oddgriffin For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    Use stomp's guide. I did it on several wiis, then use neogamma to launch with.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/software-bac...tml#post149779
    ok so where does the cios 3 installer .dol file go?
    ive installed the wad just dont know where to put the .dol file to install the cios 3.

    any help please.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,193
    Thanks
    2,206
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    the mios will be an app in the app folders. the wad goes in the root just like it says. when you run the mios choose wad install and it will find the wad in the root of the sd card. should work fine unless you have a bunch of other wads in the root.
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You oddgriffin For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    the mios will be an app in the app folders. the wad goes in the root just like it says. when you run the mios choose wad install and it will find the wad in the root of the sd card. should work fine unless you have a bunch of other wads in the root.
    thanks for that ive used the tut on the 2nd page of that thread by stomp and done it all as it said.
    ive got the gc backup channel but when i put the disc in it shows up as green screen then it reboots my wii.
    the softmod tut is from here and im on 4.1e,preloader on,all settings as told by softmod tut,ei,regionfree games enabled,ive tried to disable it too.
    dont know what to do next,ive got cios38 rev 14 on as well.

    please help further.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,193
    Thanks
    2,206
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Try using neogamma to launch the disks? Also get a program called muti game iso creator to put 3 or 4 iso files on one disk. Don't worry i cant use the regular gamecube launcher either.
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

  9. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    Try using neogamma to launch the disks? Also get a program called muti game iso creator to put 3 or 4 iso files on one disk. Don't worry i cant use the regular gamecube launcher either.
    same happens with latest neogamma too,where have i gone wrong???
    yes ive got iso creater too but no luck it just reboots the wii.
    do i need to change any settings in the neogamma for it to work?
    Last edited by sofia; 01-03-2010 at 09:32 AM.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Are you sure you have installed the cMIOS correctly, if not this will cause green screen? try reinstalling the cMIOS, and some games are not compatible, or try a different source for your game or redownload it. Have you tried other games? If there is just one game making a green screen, try a different loader, the loaders I would try before giving up on a single game are, GameCube backup launcher Xi, and 0.2, and then NeoGamma. Because I already have it installed I would also try Gamma backup launcher 0.3, but that is an old launcher.

    some games require you press the "B" button to start them, try that too with GameCube backup launcher.

  11. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Are you sure you have installed the cMIOS correctly, if not this will cause green screen? try reinstalling the cMIOS, and some games are not compatible, or try a different source for your game or redownload it. Have you tried other games? If there is just one game making a green screen, try a different loader, the loaders I would try before giving up on a single game are, GameCube backup launcher Xi, and 0.2, and then NeoGamma. Because I already have it installed I would also try Gamma backup launcher 0.3, but that is an old launcher.

    some games require you press the "B" button to start them, try that too with GameCube backup launcher.
    ok ive started again and ive got the v8 wad file in root of card and the cios installer comes up as a .dol file,does this .dol file go in the apps folder if so it doesnt show up in hbc.
    ive got gc backup launcher 0.2 on it as well as neogamma but still green screen and reboots.
    tha games are ok as they are on the compatibility list as working and discs and method is the same as wii games.

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,193
    Thanks
    2,206
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Wow, All apps go in the apps folder. look at the other apps in the folder and look to see what they have in common. one thing is that the .dol file is inside a folder that is inside the apps folder.
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •