i'm a total noob here and hope you guys can help me. I'm now thinking of purchasing the black wii from argos, due to the popularity of the console for my daughter's birthday coming up on the 07 jan (which i totally forgot about until today, so its urgent!!!). I want to get her a wii which can be played by all family, but i want to beable to play backup games, so here are my questions (sorry for the long list):-
1. Is any wii console modifiable or is there only certain versions? If there are only certain versions, which versions do you recommend and how can i check?
2. What is the procedure of modifying the console to play backup games? Which is the best? hardware or software? which procedure do most of you recommend?
3. Is it possible for me to add a hard drive, so that i can play backup games directly?
4. If the wii was modified, would we still be able to play online against other players?
5. There now also is an emulator which i heard is supposed to play games in HD...what do you guys make of it? is there really that much a difference in graphics compared to the original wii console?
For now these are my questions. I hope someone can help me ASAP as i need to go and buy it quickly.
Thanks so much for your help and i look forward to hearing from you.
Sorry but every single question is answered a thousand times on the forum. You've got fully 5 days to do your research.
Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.