Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can't install homebrew after system format

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Can't install homebrew after system format

    Hi.

    Followed this tut here in hopes of getting usb loader to work. It all went well until I went and installed the cios36r10 installer. After that I was unable to load anything in the homebrew channel. Neither wad manager, not anytitle deleter... nada... So I did a system format in hopes that starting over would help. System format went great without a hitch, but now I can't install homebrew channel. I load up the SD card and it finds the boot.dol, but when it starts to load same thing happens that happened to the apps before system format (black screen and just sits there).

    Question: what can be done (short of returning it for repairs)? The console is 4 days old so I guess I could return it saying it's defective, but I am unsure about this since if they send it back they might find out it's due to the soft mods and trace the console back to me and then I'd be in a world of grief.

    Suggestions greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Check what system menu you are on, go to the Wii button lower left hand side of the system menu and then click Wii Settings, look at the TOP right, you should see your system menu version. 4.0U most likely. If you see 4.1 or less follow this guide!

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    this should fix you up.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJIV View Post
    Check what system menu you are on, go to the Wii button lower left hand side of the system menu and then click Wii Settings, look at the TOP right, you should see your system menu version. 4.0U most likely. If you see 4.1 or less follow this guide!

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    this should fix you up.
    4.1E actually. And thanks for the link but it's not going to help. The problem as I stated is that the install won't go through. I get the message it found boot.dol and tell it to load. It starts, but stalls before displaying anything on screen. No text, no warning, no scam message, nada... Just blackness. And to restart I have to do a soft off presseng the power button for 5 secs then power back on. No matter how many times I try... just utter and total blackness. My original games still work though.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    How are you trying to load the SD card. Go to the Wii Button, then choose Data Management. Then click on Channels, then the SD tab at the top, what happens now?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJIV View Post
    How are you trying to load the SD card. Go to the Wii Button, then choose Data Management. Then click on Channels, then the SD tab at the top, what happens now?
    That is exactly what I am doing. After clicking SD it says it has found the boot.dol and asks if I want to load boot.dol/elf. I click yes... Then instead of the screen with that annoying warning that usually pops up (the one where you have to press 1 to continue after a couple of seconds), all I get is a blank black screen. Just sits there.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    then what happens if you just click the SD card icon from the system menu screen. Also reformat your card, and not a quick format and then use the files from the link I provided and see what happens.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PJIV View Post
    then what happens if you just click the SD card icon from the system menu screen. Also reformat your card, and not a quick format and then use the files from the link I provided and see what happens.
    It starts loading data (you see those blue squares flashing). When it stops and is going to populate the SD Card Menu windows, it grays out the first window and then just freezes up. From there on, I have to reboot.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    44
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Try a different SD card, less than 2GB and format it, not a quick format FAT32, follow the guide I linked above. If this doesn't work you'll have to get advice from someone better than me. Reinstalling your system menu MIGHT be an option but I don't recommend that as I have no experience with that. Let us know.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    http://www.wiihacks.com/newreply.php...ote=1&p=248692


    I would like to direct you to this link ... Please scroll down to the section that says NEVER FORMAT YOUR WII

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredstevenson View Post
    http://www.wiihacks.com/newreply.php...ote=1&p=248692


    I would like to direct you to this link ... Please scroll down to the section that says NEVER FORMAT YOUR WII
    Thanks for the usefull tip. Let me just jump into my DeLorean real quick

    Quote Originally Posted by PJIV View Post
    Try a different SD card, less than 2GB and format it, not a quick format FAT32, follow the guide I linked above. If this doesn't work you'll have to get advice from someone better than me. Reinstalling your system menu MIGHT be an option but I don't recommend that as I have no experience with that. Let us know.
    Returned it. Got a new one. Firmware 4.1E. Now I'd like to know what tutorial to follow so I don't brick this one up too.

    Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •