Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Simple N00b Question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Simple N00b Question

    I have a 4.1e softmodded wii. I can only seem to play games online using USB loader, DVD backups do not work. Is there anyway to get around this?

    Apologies if already asked, I did a search and couldn't find anything.
    Last edited by Mcfly1968; 12-23-2009 at 07:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,655
    Thanks
    3,217
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    You could have the new drive and it wont play thru the disc channel!

    Cioscorp is what makes it play thru disc channel. If it plays DVD-R's!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    You could have the new drive and it wont play thru the disc channel!

    Cioscorp is what makes it play thru disc channel. If it plays DVD-R's!
    I can play DVD-R's fine, just not online . Do you think it's just the particular games I tried (Grand Slam Tennis & Tiger Woods '10)? I can play them online through usb though.

    You've just reminded of something too, why can I not play DVD+R's on my Wii?

    Cheers man .

    ...I'll try and not turn this into 20 questions

  4. #4
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,655
    Thanks
    3,217
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    your wiiconnect24 is off most likely!

    Remember To Turn standby Mode to Off, So it doesn't Over Heat!

    DVD+r's are not compatible!

    If other games work online then it could be just those games!
    Last edited by Jax; 12-23-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: More info.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Jax For This Useful Post


  6. #5
    New Member foxmccloud12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcfly1968 View Post
    I can play DVD-R's fine, just not online . Do you think it's just the particular games I tried (Grand Slam Tennis & Tiger Woods '10)? I can play them online through usb though.

    You've just reminded of something too, why can I not play DVD+R's on my Wii?

    Cheers man .

    ...I'll try and not turn this into 20 questions
    How can you play wii games on dvd-r without cioscorp? i dont mean to hijack either..
    I JUST WANNA BE FREE THE BUTTERFLIES ARE FREE

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok, thanks for your help bud. I'll try some more backups online, I just wanted to ask before I did as I've only got a few blanks left. It would save me time switching games on my usb stick all the time just to go on a game online .

  8. #7
    Jax
    Jax is online now
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Jax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Schenectady,NY
    Posts
    3,655
    Thanks
    3,217
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 1,111 Posts
    That is a good question!

    i believe it's already on that system!

    Your welcome!
    Last edited by Jax; 12-23-2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: More Info.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foxmccloud12 View Post
    How can you play wii games on dvd-r without cioscorp? i dont mean to hijack either..
    Yeah I have it on my system I think (I must lol). I did it months ago and I've only just recently come back to my Wii, so I'm a bit rusty and have a really s**t memory .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •