Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: usb loader gx doesn't see new games.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    usb loader gx doesn't see new games.

    Ok so I have usb loader gx fully setup with quite a few games (37) already installed and working fine. I have even got some of the more difficult games to work such as New Super Mario Bros and Wii Resort.

    My problem is that I am using WBSF to load my isos from my PC. And after the 37th game. I still continue to load my games that way. Already up to 47 according to WBSF with no errors occuring during the installation.

    But when I boot up usbloader gx it only sees 37. I tried to delete the newest ones before 37 and reinstalling em but still, only sees the initial 37. Even when WBSF says I have 47 games on my HDD.

    I have tried to load up other loaders and through them I can see the missing files fine, but its just usb loader that does not see anything past 37.

    Anybody run into this kind of an issue before?

    Thanks -
    big

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyc420 View Post
    Ok so I have usb loader gx fully setup with quite a few games (37) already installed and working fine. I have even got some of the more difficult games to work such as New Super Mario Bros and Wii Resort.

    My problem is that I am using WBSF to load my isos from my PC. And after the 37th game. I still continue to load my games that way. Already up to 47 according to WBSF with no errors occuring during the installation.

    But when I boot up usbloader gx it only sees 37. I tried to delete the newest ones before 37 and reinstalling em but still, only sees the initial 37. Even when WBSF says I have 47 games on my HDD.

    I have tried to load up other loaders and through them I can see the missing files fine, but its just usb loader that does not see anything past 37.

    Anybody run into this kind of an issue before?

    Thanks -
    big
    Try to erase the config for usbloader gx. You could just format the sd-card and reinstall the loader to it.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Try to erase the config for usbloader gx. You could just format the sd-card and reinstall the loader to it.
    Ok, please mind my noobness. If the CIOS's and stuff on my card are erased does that mean they are erased from the wii?

    Also I have tried erasing the complete usbloadergx folder and doing a reinstatement using their installer? Is there a different way to go about installing it?

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyc420 View Post
    Ok, please mind my noobness. If the CIOS's and stuff on my card are erased does that mean they are erased from the wii?

    Also I have tried erasing the complete usbloadergx folder and doing a reinstatement using their installer? Is there a different way to go about installing it?
    You can backup the card if you like. Erasing the card will not remove anything from the wii. The usbloader gx app is in sd:\apps, but there is config info somewhere on the root of the card aswell.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    You can backup the card if you like. Erasing the card will not remove anything from the wii. The usbloader gx app is in sd:\apps, but there is config info somewhere on the root of the card aswell.

    Ok I've never done a complete format of my card after softmodding my wii.

    What is the exact location of the config file? So that upon backing up my card I dont just reapply said file? Also is does this config file pertain only to usbloader gx?


    Thanks for the quick reply.

  7. #6
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyc420 View Post
    Ok I've never done a complete format of my card after softmodding my wii.

    What is the exact location of the config file? So that upon backing up my card I dont just reapply said file? Also is does this config file pertain only to usbloader gx?


    Thanks for the quick reply.
    Off hand I don't know. I would have to look. But I am a way from my wii. I would just format it. Then put the apps folder back, and any other stuff you may need.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    Off hand I don't know. I would have to look. But I am a way from my wii. I would just format it. Then put the apps folder back, and any other stuff you may need.
    yeah same here, im posting from work.

    gonna try to fix the card when i get home.

    Hopefully to get in some raving rabbids action in with the wife.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,572 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsexyc420 View Post
    yeah same here, im posting from work.

    gonna try to fix the card when i get home.

    Hopefully to get in some raving rabbids action in with the wife.
    There is also a sd botton in the loader, if you push it I think it scans the hd for new games- not sure. It is on the botton left I think.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You mauifrog For This Useful Post


  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok so deleting the config files in the GX loader folder worked great!

    Thank you for the help.


    And btw refreshing the SD card on the bottom didn't help bring up the games.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •