Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Will donate if someone can help me.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Will donate if someone can help me.

    Hello i have been trying to do 2 things. 1st update my hbc to the latest version and 2 plase the new mario brothers backup....I have been getting mixed answers on how to update my hbc but im not sure who to go by....i have a wii version 3.2u with hbc version 1.0.1 and everytime i get the no vulnarable ios. I modded my wii back in jan with the twilight hack but now i want to update it but i keep getting diffrent answers. I tried to follow this http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...lling-hbc.html but im not sure if i should since its asking me to format my card and install bannerbomb. should i do it eventhough my wii is already modded. please help me get this fixed and i wil donate $10 to this site...please help me with step by step, i dont want to brick my wii. Thank you in advance

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    First of all, stating that you will only donate if someone helps you is not a very good way to get the answers you are after.

    Yes do everything stated in that guide, it will be the only way to get around the no vulnerable IOS problem. Just backup your SD to your PC then format, this way you will still have everything you were using before.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,181
    Thanks
    2,200
    Thanked 2,561 Times in 2,007 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    and yes you should follow the guide that describes how to fix the exact problem you have.

  4. #4
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    You donate first and then get priority support, that's how it works. Words are easy, actions are harder. Donate now for your very own donator banner.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    You donate first and then get priority support, that's how it works. Words are easy, actions are harder. Donate now for your very own donator banner.
    im a man of my word, i just donated...im trying to follow that tutorial but im haveing a problem...i did the whole step a but during the install i didnt find a ios36 im not sure but it looked more like a ios35 than 36...also where it says to Select IOS30-64-v1042.wad, install it doesnt have that it has Select IOS30-64-v1040.wad, install so i ran that one.....it says to go to step 4 which i tried but it freezes up when i load the sd card...any suggestions?

  6. #6
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks for your donation.

    So you've installed IOS30 v1040 and are now ready to run hackmii installer.

    Wipe you SD card..

    Download the hackmii installer from..

    BootMii.org

    You can just put the hackmii installer boot.elf in a folder within apps like this:-

    SD:\apps\hackmiiinstaller1.0.6\boot.elf - The folder can be called anything you like by the way.

    And run it from your older 1.0.1 Homebrew channel. The guide assumes you don't have HBC installed at all and relies on bannerbomb.

    Here's another tutorial related to vunerable IOS http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...-cioscorp.html This one is more about cIOSCORP being installed but the principle is the same, you are replacing a IOS that hackmii doesn't like with one it does. Just skip the reinstalling bit.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    Thanks for your donation.

    So you've installed IOS30 v1040 and are now ready to run hackmii installer.

    Wipe you SD card..

    Download the hackmii installer from..

    BootMii.org

    You can just put the hackmii installer boot.elf in a folder within apps like this:-

    SD:\apps\hackmiiinstaller1.0.6\boot.elf - The folder can be called anything you like by the way.

    And run it from your older 1.0.1 Homebrew channel. The guide assumes you don't have HBC installed at all and relies on bannerbomb.

    Here's another tutorial related to vunerable IOS http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...-cioscorp.html This one is more about cIOSCORP being installed but the principle is the same, you are replacing a IOS that hackmii doesn't like with one it does. Just skip the reinstalling bit.

    Np. im a bit confused though...since i wiped out my sd card i dont have a 'apps' folder anymore and inside the bootmii it doesnt come with one.should i just create one and than creat another one to put the boot.elf?

  8. #8
    Junior Member inkin4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    yes go ahead and creat one or if you backed your sd card up to your pc you could copy it in to the root of the card and it would also give you any of the old software yoou used to run good luck and happy modding
    WiiHacks the one stop mod shop. If someone helps you give em some credit click on the thank you icon. Good Luck and Happy Modding!!!

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inkin4u View Post
    yes go ahead and creat one or if you backed your sd card up to your pc you could copy it in to the root of the card and it would also give you any of the old software yoou used to run good luck and happy modding
    Luckly I did back it up. So I'm gonna put it on the apps folder and just run hbc what program do I use to run the bootmii?

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    41
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok I think I got it. So after all that's done is it ok for me to delete that and put my backup back on my sd card?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •