Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: IOS60Patched...Bricked my wii

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    IOS60Patched...Bricked my wii

    So I was installing a Wad for the GH5 DLC hack. But, Stupid me selected IOS60Patched.WAD and hit "install" and the "uninstall" and then "install" again. This is when I noticed that I was on the wrong WAD.
    I though "Ok, No big deal"
    Well it was a big deal. I restarted my wii, and I get "Your system is forked" Well it really didn't say that.
    So I get the homebrew running again through PreLoader, and I go back in a uninstall IOS60patched.wad, Restart my wii and this time I get a blue screen instead of "Your System is Forked"

    Anyways...A little help would be great although I know I am wishing for alot here.

  2. #2
    Member Dami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    my house? XD
    Posts
    489
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 124 Times in 120 Posts
    "Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!" it even said that in the tutorial in red.
    well anyways do u have boot2 bootmii?does preloader still work? or none?o-o

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dami View Post
    "Never uninstall IOS60! You will brick!!" it even said that in the tutorial in red.
    well anyways do u have boot2 bootmii?does preloader still work? or none?o-o
    He/She makes a good point doesn't He/She? Never ever ever uninstall any IOS with 2 digit numbers, or you get a bricked Wii.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    128
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 129 Times in 24 Posts
    hopefully you did do a back up of your nand so you can reinstall that to fix your brick, then you can rehack your wii again.

    but this time write in big letters on the wall above your tv

    do not uninstall ios60 tool

    so your reminded not to do it

    i also think use a colour other then red as the guide had it in red but you still did it.

    end sarcasm
    if you don`t understand some words used in forum for wii then check out my wii dictionary http://www.wiihacks.com/showthread.p...457#post194457

    if the information i gave you helped you in anyway please click the thanks button

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So. If I didn't back up my Nand I am as my system said. "FORKED"
    I didn't mean to uninstall it like I said I selected the IOS60patched.wad on accident.
    And if I did put a sign on my T.V it wouldn't matter what color it was because I'm color blind.
    Thanks anyways.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Binxy View Post
    So I was installing a Wad for the GH5 DLC hack. But, Stupid me selected IOS60Patched.WAD and hit "install" and the "uninstall" and then "install" again. This is when I noticed that I was on the wrong WAD.
    I though "Ok, No big deal"
    Well it was a big deal. I restarted my wii, and I get "Your system is forked" Well it really didn't say that.
    So I get the homebrew running again through PreLoader, and I go back in a uninstall IOS60patched.wad, Restart my wii and this time I get a blue screen instead of "Your System is Forked"

    Anyways...A little help would be great although I know I am wishing for alot here.
    So you installed by accident, then uninstalled by accident, then installed again by accident? Thats wierd that you did all 3 in a row by accident. At any rate go here: BRICKED Wii Issues ONLY

    A simple search on these forums would have brought you more help, please use it before asking a question that might be answered already.
    Last edited by s0ur; 12-01-2009 at 07:38 PM.

  7. 1 User Says Thank You s0ur For This Useful Post


  8. #7
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,571 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Your wii was fine until your last uninstall, it would have been an easy fix with the forked system and preloader. It sounds like your really forked now.

    Try to hold reset and boot, see if preloader loads.

    Check for boot2 bootmii, remove any disks and boot, 2 flashes and your blessed.

    If the above are a negative, congratulations- you made a brick.


    Please ask for help next time, before you fork your wii.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  9. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ur View Post
    So you installed by accident, then uninstalled by accident, then installed again by accident? Thats wierd that you did all 3 in a row by accident. At any rate go here: BRICKED Wii Issues ONLY

    A simple search on these forums would have brought you more help, please use it before asking a question that might be answered already.
    First Off I want to say thank you for the link that you have provided. Without your help I would of been screwed.
    This is how it happened. I select the IOS60.wad not noticing that I selected it. I hit install and I get error. I think okay it installed bad,and I uninstall. This is where I noticed that I was uninstalling the Ios60patched.wad So I try installing it again.

    Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE LINK.

  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    No problem, for future problems, please ask for help on these forums before attremptin anything. We have many qualified people here to help you out.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    dvd read error 1053?

    Hello. im finish with modding my wii! but im getting: dvd read error 1053 is it because im having verbatim dvd+r, not the dvd-r...
    is it important?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •