Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: SD Card for New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    SD Card for New 3.1-4.1 Softmod for ANY Wii

    Is a sandisk 4 gb sd/hc no good for the job cause i keep getting:

    The device inserted in the SD card slot can't be used.

  2. #2
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by nickygrist View Post
    Is a sandisk 4 gb sd/hc no good for the job cause i keep getting:

    The device inserted in the SD card slot can't be used.
    No. Should be Sandisk 2GB standard SD

  3. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Thanks will have to buy one, btw can i use 2gb micro sd with the sd adpter then i can use it in my phone once i've done, or will that not work either.

  5. #4
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by nickygrist View Post
    Thanks will have to buy one, btw can i use 2gb micro sd with the sd adpter then i can use it in my phone once i've done, or will that not work either.
    I have a micro and that works, some people have problems, they are pretty low cost.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You WiiJohn For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Tealc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sunny Wales, UK
    Posts
    7,152
    Thanks
    502
    Thanked 4,104 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    microSD 2GB Sandisk works fine with adapter and I have about 4 of them. The adapters are straight through adapters and change nothing electrically.
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    glasgow scotland
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i have been getting the same message as above, but the difference is i already had softmod programs on my wii, but gave the wii to a friend to put in meogamma 7 and i got it back with all channels gone.
    so thinking i could use a new sd card (friend lost the original) i put all the programmes onto new card and inserted in wii and im getting ....the device inserted in sd card slot cant be used. ive tried another 3 sd cards and they all say the same
    wots happened to my wii and how can i fix it ???

    3.1v pal.

  9. #7
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by laurawallace4 View Post
    i have been getting the same message as above, but the difference is i already had softmod programs on my wii, but gave the wii to a friend to put in meogamma 7 and i got it back with all channels gone.
    so thinking i could use a new sd card (friend lost the original) i put all the programmes onto new card and inserted in wii and im getting ....the device inserted in sd card slot cant be used. ive tried another 3 sd cards and they all say the same
    wots happened to my wii and how can i fix it ???

    3.1v pal.
    Could be several things.
    First try fomating the Sandisk 2GB card with this, sdfv2003.exe
    Did you make a backup of the card your 'friend' lost, and copied that onto the card.
    Has an update happenend, are you still on 3.1.

    Best to try and get the system back to how it was, if thyats not possible you may have to follow the guide to update to 4.1

  10. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    94
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickygrist View Post
    Is a sandisk 4 gb sd/hc no good for the job cause i keep getting:

    The device inserted in the SD card slot can't be used.
    shouldn't be a problem...i have the exact same card and it's working fine. just make sure it's formatted fat32.

  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    glasgow scotland
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thank you wiijohn for replying. my system has not been updated. should i do this online as the wii wont read any sd card so cant do it that way.

    i didnt make a backup of the sd so i dont have the original programs. ive formatted the sd with your tool and reinserted the new programs and still nothing.

    is it possible the new programs im trying to put in are are conflicting with anything thats left in the wii from the original sd programs.

    the problem i have is the only way it seems to sort it has to be done through the sd. but as my wii wont read any card then i dont know where to go from here.

    many thanks for your help in advance

  12. #10
    Senior Member WiiJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,953
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked 2,022 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by laurawallace4 View Post
    thank you wiijohn for replying. my system has not been updated. should i do this online as the wii wont read any sd card so cant do it that way.

    i didnt make a backup of the sd so i dont have the original programs. ive formatted the sd with your tool and reinserted the new programs and still nothing.

    is it possible the new programs im trying to put in are are conflicting with anything thats left in the wii from the original sd programs.

    the problem i have is the only way it seems to sort it has to be done through the sd. but as my wii wont read any card then i dont know where to go from here.

    many thanks for your help in advance
    Whatever way forward you choose you will need a working SD card.
    Is your homebrew channel working.
    You should have on your card.
    SD\apps\directories with applications. see if one of these work.
    What is the structure of your SD card. ie layout of directories.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •