Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Black screen with restart error

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Black screen with "EJECT" error on all games

    Hi guys,

    I am new here and i have a little problem. My nitendo Wii with firmware 4.2E is having issues with DVD's and Without DVD's. If i want to play a game i get an black screen with an error message wich says that i need to restart my Wii. I thought this was an dvd-drive issue so i installed the homebrew channel and did the 4.2E tutorial on how to get the usb-loader working. Now if i want to start an game in usb-loader i get the same error message that i need to restart my wii console. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    Thank you
    Last edited by lexi1986; 11-29-2009 at 12:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,176
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by lexi1986 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I am new here and i have a little problem. My nitendo Wii with firmware 4.2E is having issues with DVD's and Without DVD's. If i want to play a game i get an black screen with an error message wich says that i need to restart my Wii. I thought this was an dvd-drive issue so i installed the homebrew channel and did the 4.2E tutorial on how to get the usb-loader working. Now if i want to start an game in usb-loader i get the same error message that i need to restart my wii console. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

    Thank you
    all games do this or is it a specific game?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    all games do this or is it a specific game?
    None of the games will boot, and sometimes i get the error message with the black screen and sometimes only a black screen without anny messages. I both cases i need to restart my Wii

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Did you follow the softmod guide for the 4.2 system. There is a stubIOS249 that you have to get rid of to install the cIOS thats needed to run loaders. Also black screens while trying to load a game mean that you DO NOT have the proper IOS installed for the game to run.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ur View Post
    Did you follow the softmod guide for the 4.2 system. There is a stubIOS249 that you have to get rid of to install the cIOS thats needed to run loaders. Also black screens while trying to load a game mean that you DO NOT have the proper IOS installed for the game to run.
    Yes i followed that guide, but my Wii is soft and hard modded. it won't read dvd's but also won't read games from the USB loader. Also the games from the nintendo shop won't work. I always get the error to press the Eject button and read the Manual or i get an black screen and then my Wii got freezed.

    Error Message:
    An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, Remove the Game Disc, and turn the power OFF.
    Last edited by lexi1986; 11-29-2009 at 12:48 PM. Reason: error message

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Solved the problem, the flexcable from the mainboard to the dvd-drive was not good connected. It plays well now

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •