Store bought Price is Right problem
My friend has a 3.4 and I installed the basic soft mod for it(backup launcher, no other ios') and tried one of my burnt games and worked. She took it home and tried to play her store bought Price is Right and it asks to "Upgrade" and she can't proceed from there. She said that a few store bought games are not working now. Is there something in particular that might be causing this?
what is Price is Right? a game? u can use preloader to block disc updates
It most likely has an IOS or even a System Menu Update that needs to be installed to play the game. Either case it's the IOS that you have to worry about. If the game doesn't have the IOS installed then it will ask to update the console. Yes preloader will keep the console from updating, but you will still need to get the IOS [if the game goes black after you try and play it] and install it to play the game.
1. So as i highlighted in red you mention the console wants to update.... let me get this straight, we don't want to update the console?
Originally Posted by s0ur
2. If that is the case and I need to install the IOS that it needs, how do I do that for a "Store bought game"?
3. One last question(for now ) if i didn't mod the wii and tried to play the price is right, it would ask for an update because the console is older. So updating non-modded console is normal?
4. Sorry one more. If I do find the right IOS and install it, do I still play that store bought game like any store bought game...clicking in the upper left corner on the main screen?
Last edited by jimisand; 11-28-2009 at 04:13 AM.
1. Do not update the console.
2. Search for a thread called which IOS's games use and that will help you out.
3. Yes. Updating on unmodded wii's is normal because new ios's and new versions are always being released.
4. If preloader is blocking updates (cause it still can update your system menu) then you'll be fine. BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Preloader does not work with 3.4. If you used dogegg's guide that's in my sig, go ahead and do the optional update part of it to bring it up to 4.1. Then you can install preloader to block updates. Again, preloader does not work on 3.4. Be sure to follow the guide to a T. Good luck!