Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wii Homebrew Channel

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wii Homebrew Channel

    Hey Everyone i am a noob when it comes to the Wii.
    I wanted to know can i install the homebrew channel on to my wii if the version is 4.2E ??
    Also is there a big risk of braking your wii by doing this?

    http://hbc.hackmii.com/

    This home brew^

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by S_A_M.1990 View Post
    Hey Everyone i am a noob when it comes to the Wii.
    I wanted to know can i install the homebrew channel on to my wii if the version is 4.2E ??
    Also is there a big risk of braking your wii by doing this?

    The Homebrew Channel

    This home brew^
    for future reference, the forum has a search button:

    Wiihacks - Nintendo Wii Hacks Community - Search Forums

    and a guides section:

    ►RECOMMENDED FAQ's, GUIDES & TUTORIALS ONLY ◄


    had you noticed either, you would have found this:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-menus.html

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by S_A_M.1990 View Post
    Hey Everyone i am a noob when it comes to the Wii.
    I wanted to know can i install the homebrew channel on to my wii if the version is 4.2E ??
    Also is there a big risk of braking your wii by doing this?

    The Homebrew Channel

    This home brew^
    always a risk, just not much if you only decide to install homebrew, as opposed to doing the whole system modification, to enable use of backups and other things. there are is a guide for 4.2 in the tutorial section of the main forum.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    for future reference, the forum has a search button:

    Wiihacks - Nintendo Wii Hacks Community - Search Forums

    and a guides section:

    ►RECOMMENDED FAQ's, GUIDES & TUTORIALS ONLY ◄


    had you noticed either, you would have found this:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...tem-menus.html

    How do I move the Homebrew channel on the menu? I was able to move all the other to other pages but the HBC won't move? My kids are playing around with the channels and I am afaraid they may mess up the mod? Any ideas?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ilukmv View Post
    How do I move the Homebrew channel on the menu? I was able to move all the other to other pages but the HBC won't move? My kids are playing around with the channels and I am afaraid they may mess up the mod? Any ideas?

    Thanks
    you can take out the sd card so that there is nothing that can load or launch from the hombrew channel. they will just see the waves running over lol

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    you can take out the sd card so that there is nothing that can load or launch from the hombrew channel. they will just see the waves running over lol
    I did that but if you hit the "Home" button on the controller the BootMii program and othe roptions are available. Can you not move the Channel around on the main screen?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ilukmv View Post
    I did that but if you hit the "Home" button on the controller the BootMii program and othe roptions are available. Can you not move the Channel around on the main screen?
    ahh i see. your channels should be able to be moved. i am not sure why you can't but wouldn't they be able to just click on the icon to move to the other pages anyway? also without an sd card bootmi shouldn't load, i would just go through there and see what they could actually damage. my son is high function autistic and he experiments on anything he can get without thinking of consequences and we have had no issues doing it that way.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    ahh i see. your channels should be able to be moved. i am not sure why you can't but wouldn't they be able to just click on the icon to move to the other pages anyway? also without an sd card bootmi shouldn't load, i would just go through there and see what they could actually damage. my son is high function autistic and he experiments on anything he can get without thinking of consequences and we have had no issues doing it that way.
    All of them move BUT the HBC. Is the odd?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •