Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Where to begin???

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Where to begin???

    I have a Wii that I would like to add a mod to. I would like to be able to backup my games. There are so many products available. I don't even know where to begin. I want a mod that cannot be blocked by Nintendo.

    Once I install this, how do I actually back up my games? Where are they stored?

    Any help appreciated!!

    Rob

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow the link in my signature for the system menu you have. That's where you begin

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwiz View Post
    I have a Wii that I would like to add a mod to. I would like to be able to backup my games. There are so many products available. I don't even know where to begin. I want a mod that cannot be blocked by Nintendo.

    Once I install this, how do I actually back up my games? Where are they stored?

    Any help appreciated!!

    Rob
    Enough reading in the Tutorial Section would have answered all of your questions. Please read information before asking questions that are already answered in a tutorial.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    Follow the link in my signature for the system menu you have. That's where you begin
    This is a GREAT start.

    One more question.... What is the main difference between doing all of these hacks versus installing a wiiKey or other reversible hardware mod?

    Rob

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Mainly a modchip will cost you money but let you launch games from the disc channel. I only have softmod and have never had any problems loading any games.

  6. #6
    Member siphilips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,639
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 421 Times in 340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinballwiz View Post
    This is a GREAT start.

    One more question.... What is the main difference between doing all of these hacks versus installing a wiiKey or other reversible hardware mod?

    Rob
    Wiikey advantages over softmodding include but are not limited to;


    Compatibility with DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C-2 and D2E chipsets

    Recovery mode makes it impossible to brick the chip with a bad flash
    Last edited by siphilips; 11-18-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    Homebrew Channel 1.0.6 | Internet Channel | Sys Menu 4.1e | NeoGamma R8 b15 | Preloader .30 r3 | cIOS38 r14 | Wad Manager 1.5 | cIOSCORP 3.5 | DVDX v2 | Mplayer CE | WiiGator GC Backup Launcher Ver 2.0 | Wii64 Nintendo 64 Emulator | Homebrew Browser V 0.3.6 | IOSCheck V 0.3.6







  7. #7
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,193
    Thanks
    2,206
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by siphilips View Post
    Wiikey advantages over softmodding include but are not limited to;


    Compatibility with DMS, D2A, D2B, D2C, D2C-2 and D2E chipsets

    Recovery mode makes it impossible to brick the chip with a bad flash
    damn that makes me wanna get one lol

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •