formatting usb hdd
trying to use usgb loader gx but says noy usb found,formatted it with wbfs manager, added games on but still same error,then i found this-:
* Download and install the WBFS Manager. Be sure to download/install the proper build (there is an x86 version and an x64 version)
* Plug your external hard drive into your PC. I have had success with the AcomData PureDrive 500 GB USB 2.0/eSATA External Hard Drive PHD500USE-72.
* Use the Windows Disk Management Application to delete and create a new (raw) partition on your hard drive . THE WBFS MANAGER WILL NOT FORMAT AN NTFS FORMATTED DRIVE AS WBFS. You must go into the disk manager, delete the partition, then create a new, unformatted partition. To do this:
1. Right Click on My Computer and go to Manage
2. Click on the Disk Management option on the left
3. When your disk drives have loaded, right click on the drive to be formatted to WBFS format (to be read by the Wii ) and choose 'Delete Volume'
4. Now Right Click on the disk drive to be used and click 'New'
5. Be sure to assign a drive letter to your drive, and to choose NOT TO FORMAT the drive when you create your new partition
6. You should now have a RAW volume with a drive letter assigned in My Computer. I did this in Windows 7 (I'm assuming Windows Vista would work the same way). If you are having difficulty with this step of the process, try using a GParted Live CD to unformat your disk.
* Run the WBFS Manager. You will see an interface that looks something like this (this is from 2.2 - there are some new features and a nicer interface in 3.0+):
I done number 3 now i cant see the drive,it says right click and select new andc choose drive but the other drives are taken,what shall i do ?
Originally Posted by sofia
It a bit complicate I been gone through the same as your decribed but you've
restore back to the orignal way or either try do the second step from this link
FRom here on........................
WBFS Manager - Format Wii Drive and Adding Game ISOs
Run WBFS Manager 3.0 – Formatting the Wii Drive, drive partition, or USB Flash Drive
1. Select your new drive letter and press Format. If the drive does not show, Press Refresh Drive List
2. To add a game ISO to the WBFS-formatted drive or partition, press the Browse button on the lower right-hand window and locate your ISO.
3. Either double-click the ISO and the game title will now show in the WBFS Manager right-hand window. One can also use Windows Explorer and drag the ISO the the right-hand window. Repeat for multiple ISOs.
4. Select the game title(s) and press the Add button
5. The game(s) will now be added to the Wii HDD. Note that, as extraneous material is not copied to the Wii HDD, the file size will be smaller than 4.37GB.
6. After games have been added to the Wii HDD, clear the ISO list by selecting the game titles again in the right-hand window, and press Remove From List
Last edited by havenlyskyhigh; 11-16-2009 at 03:53 PM.
For step 4, you need to still be in the Computer Management console (right mouse my computer -> Manage and select Disc management).
Where it says Click New in the guide on Windows Vista for me it was actually CREATE NEW SIMPLE VOLUME or something very similar.
I have a feeling you are looking in my computer for a volume you have yet to create
1 User Says Thank You smity_oz For This Useful Post
i cant see the option to CREATE NEW SIMPLE VOLUME as when i right click on a drive icon it just says help.what shall i do,thanks.
Originally Posted by smity_oz
Hmmm, you only see help when you right click on the drive that you just deleted the volume on? If my memory serves me correct it was called RAW or something similar?
I am going to reformat another drive tomorrow once i have finished backing up all the data on it. I'll take note of every step and try and get some screens for you, cant do it now on the other drive as my sister is all over the new super mario.
I dont think its beyond you and really think if you follow it step by step again and delete volume and make sure you are right clicking the correct drive you will have the option to MAKE NEW SIMPLE VOLUME.
thanks for your help,i right clicked on drive (d) the 1 thats got the hdd and did select delete volume but now its just that help option now,yes please get back to me on this,i appreciate it,thanks
Originally Posted by smity_oz
p.s. ok done the tut i posted at the start of this thread and put the games on ok.
now i get no usb found in usb loader gx and in sd/usb loader it says i need to format a partition and press A to format,
it comes up with error ret-1 or something.
what shall i do as ive done the above tut and assigned the drive with a letter and all that but still it doesnt recognise my usb,btw its a buffalo 500gb hdd,i bought it from argos.
please help as its annoying me now,thanks.
Last edited by sofia; 11-17-2009 at 04:08 AM.
Did you use WBFS manager?
Does your harddrive have multiple partitions or did you just create one?
Also try the neogamma loader and let me know what happens.
Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
i know somewhere there is a compatibility list. did you ever look to see if that was the case? i know 2 ppl who couldn't use their brand of hard drive.
thanks all but ive sorted it, thanks
It would sort of be nice to know how you fixed it.