Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: A little help getting started please

  1. #1
    New Member Tizzy-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 90 Times in 26 Posts

    A little help getting started please

    Hey I posted earlier that i just purchased a modded wii. I was told to run bootm ii and then backup my nand. I dont know for sure how to run it. Sorry if this is a dumb question. I just want to get the backup stuff incase i mess something up. Also im kinda confused about if i should use a preloader or not. Any help would be great for me cause im kinda dumb about all this but im trying to understand it all. All i can ask is that everybody try and stay patient with me.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    It would be helpful if you would give a little more info like what version you wii is and it's system menu. ex: 4.1U. Preloader doesn't make good bed fellows with 3.4 i hear. Do you have homebrew channel installed? If so you can access bootmii by starting the homebrew channel and hitting the home button. If it's on there it will say launch bootmii. (Keep in mind that your wiimote won't work in bootmii. you use the power eject and reset buttons to navigate). Hope this helps. If not provide a little more info. Also is you wii hardmodded or softmod?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Well firstly are you reading up on a guide from this forum, you can find links to guides in my siggy. Think of Preloader as Brick Protection [it will help to stop a disc from updating your console for one example] and BootMii is a nice "restore" method. As far as the Wiimote not working in BootMii, this is true. You would either have to use the face buttons on the console, or get a Gamecube Controller.

    More information would also be nice, always be sure to let people know if it is softmodded or hardmodded, what system menu your on, if softmodded what mods were done to the console.
    Last edited by s0ur; 11-12-2009 at 06:51 PM.

  4. #4
    New Member Tizzy-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 90 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    It would be helpful if you would give a little more info like what version you wii is and it's system menu. ex: 4.1U. Preloader doesn't make good bed fellows with 3.4 i hear. Do you have homebrew channel installed? If so you can access bootmii by starting the homebrew channel and hitting the home button. If it's on there it will say launch bootmii. (Keep in mind that your wiimote won't work in bootmii. you use the power eject and reset buttons to navigate). Hope this helps. If not provide a little more info. Also is you wii hardmodded or softmod?
    Sorry my wii is 4.1 =u. I do have the homebrew channel installed. I hit hit home button and there is no option for bootmii. I also have the usb loader gx channel and 3 different emulator channels. Not sure if that was needed or not.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Well you have to install BootMii in order to use it [it will either install into boot2 or as an IOS, the install to IOS is the one where you have to hit the home button in the Homebrew Channel]. Preloader is always nice to have, and they work together nicely.

    You should really read a tutorial on modding your Wii, in my siggy is a link for Modding a 3.1-4.1 console.
    Last edited by s0ur; 11-12-2009 at 07:02 PM.

  6. #6
    New Member Tizzy-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 90 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ur View Post
    Well you have to install BootMii in order to use it [it will either install into boot2 or as an IOS, the install to IOS is the one where you have to hit the home button in the Homebrew Channel]. Preloader is always nice to have, and they work together nicely.
    ok how do I do that?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Sounds like preloader would be a good thing for you to have. I've updated 7 wiis to 4.1U and all of them have preloader. After you install preloader find the hacks.ini file to go with it. This file will go in the root of your sd card. You can access the hacks section in preloader and use it to disable disc updates like s0ur said.

    s0ur (or anyone)- if bootmii was installed as boot2 on his wii would it still show up on the homebrew menu, or only if he puts a sd card in with the bootmii file? (I'm not one of the lucky ones with boot2, only ios so I don't know.)

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmailturds View Post
    s0ur (or anyone)- if bootmii was installed as boot2 on his wii would it still show up on the homebrew menu, or only if he puts a sd card in with the bootmii file? (I'm not one of the lucky ones with boot2, only ios so I don't know.)
    You would need the appropriate files on the SD card to load BootMii

  9. 1 User Says Thank You s0ur For This Useful Post


  10. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    0100111001001010
    Posts
    3,704
    Thanks
    293
    Thanked 813 Times in 642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizzy-T View Post
    ok how do I do that?
    First off sorry for the double quote post, forgot to hit multi quote.

    Go here for a guide to do your Wii:http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    Read it a few times till you got a hang of it in your mind.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You s0ur For This Useful Post


  12. #10
    New Member Tizzy-T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 90 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ur View Post
    First off sorry for the double quote post, forgot to hit multi quote.

    Go here for a guide to do your Wii:http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html

    Read it a few times till you got a hang of it in your mind.
    Thanks i got it figured out. I have read it a few times. I just think my problem is that i think to much about stuff. Sorry for being a pain. I really appreciate all your help. I cant wait to get more into this and use my wii to its full potential.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •