Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: GC USB Games won't work

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    GC USB Games won't work

    I've been trying to get GC isos to run on my wii using my HDD. I got them to show up, but they either
    1. shut down the wii directly after use
    2. will just stay on a black screen forcing me to turn the wii off
    3. run extremely slow and eventually freeze

    The isos should be fine considering one of them worked on a disc before I tried running through USB. I've tried CFG Loader, USB Loader Gx, and WiiFlow and Neogamma. I've searched and just couldn't find a thread that helped.

    Here's my syscheck.

    Spoiler



    Can someone help?

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,223
    Thanks
    998
    Thanked 1,132 Times in 890 Posts
    It's most likely A) your HDD isn't FAT32 w/ 32kb cluster size or B) your USB Loader isn't up to date.

    We'll start with the simple stuff first; Are you following the Devolution guide, Dios Mios guide or something else?

  3. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    It's most likely A) your HDD isn't FAT32 w/ 32kb cluster size or B) your USB Loader isn't up to date.

    We'll start with the simple stuff first; Are you following the Devolution guide, Dios Mios guide or something else?
    The CFG Loader is v70r51 and the USB Loader GX should be up to date. I formated my USB using the Fat32 guide. I was following the Dios Mios guide I think.

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,514
    Thanks
    1,860
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 3,634 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Wouldn't you be better served in askin this in the specific guide you're following? There's a couple DM guides on this site...

  6. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  7. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Wouldn't you be better served in askin this in the specific guide you're following? There's a couple DM guides on this site...
    Yea maye, but I've followed USB Loader GD guides, Dios Mios guides, DML guides, WiiFlow guides, CFG Loader Guides, and the Devolution guide using USB Loader GX (and the same game that he uses in the example). I'll try following a guide one more time. If they fail, I'll post in that thread.

  8. #6
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,832
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    Did u change the cluster size to 32kb whilst u were following the fat 32 guide, the guide was never wrote to include dios mios and it is a prerequisite of dios mios

    Sent from my C6603 using WiiHacks

  9. 1 User Says Thank You Pob3008 For This Useful Post


  10. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    Did u change the cluster size to 32kb whilst u were following the fat 32 guide, the guide was never wrote to include dios mios and it is a prerequisite of dios mios

    Sent from my C6603 using WiiHacks
    ​I'm pretty positive I did. Is there a way to check?

  11. #8
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,393
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 910 Posts
    I know I've posted a better example of it somewhere, but this is all I could find right now. See my post here: http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...tml#post693447

    If you do the steps that I show, you should see 32,768 bytes in each allocation unit. If you see something else, you don't have it formatted with 32k clusters.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  12. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  13. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    I know I've posted a better example of it somewhere, but this is all I could find right now. See my post here: http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...tml#post693447

    If you do the steps that I show, you should see 32,768 bytes in each allocation unit. If you see something else, you don't have it formatted with 32k clusters.
    Apperently it was 8k, not 32. I followed the FAT32 guide and it's still 8k. I formatted it by going to computer > right clicking my USB and formatting it to 32. I will try this now.

    Holy balls. Its workin. Thanks for the help

    NVM, the first time I tried it, it loaded the game, then froze and shut off. Now it won't even load the game. It will go to the DIOS MIOS logo and then stay at a black screen. >.<
    Last edited by FriedMeat; 04-23-2013 at 04:38 AM.

  14. #10
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,393
    Thanks
    372
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 910 Posts
    I don't think the FAT32 guide suggests using windows to format the disk.

    Do you have any other games to test? If they work, then the first game has a bad dump and should be reripped. If none of them work, then try formatting using this tool and try things again: http://url.llaffer.com/easeus

    Click Below for recommended Links


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •