Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: After reading the guide here, I have decided that I need some additional assistance.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    After reading the guide here, I have decided that I need some additional assistance.

    Good afternoon, everyone!

    I am sorry that I have not been here in a long time, but I have been busy with school (I will have my associate's degree by December).

    Now on to the reason I am posting this:

    I just recently purchased an original Nintendo Wii (white), and when I purchased it, I also purchased a game (Transformers: Dark of the Moon-Stealth Edition). It required the Wii to be updated, so I did. Only recently (within the past several days), I thought about trying to softmod it, and today, I picked up an SD card reader. The firmware on my Wii is 4.3u. I read the guide on this site, and according to the guide, there is a way to softmod a Wii on 4.3u firmware. However, it requires a certain game disc. Out of the selections available, I do not have any of these discs. My question here is this: is there any way to soft-mod a Wii on version 4.3u that does NOT require a game disc? If not, is there any way that I can use my The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess disc? I ask because I have seen on this site some sort of "Twilight" softmod. Also, whether the answer to any of my questions is in the affirmative or negative, will I require a GameCube Controller for the softmod? Finally, if I absolutely require one of the discs (such as LEGO Star Wars, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, LEGO Indiana Jones, etc), is there a Special version of these discs that I will need? I would like to remind you all that I HAVE read the guide here on this site.

    I appreciate the help you guys (and girls) have given me in the past, and any assistance you all could provide for me would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by maverick_zero; 04-10-2013 at 06:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,369
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 907 Posts
    Whatever guide you found that stated there was only disk-based exploits was the wrong guide (maybe you came across the Wii U guide?)

    Anyway. The guide you are looking for is the Softmod Any Wii guide. There is a link in my signature.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Whatever guide you found that stated there was only disk-based exploits was the wrong guide (maybe you came across the Wii U guide?)

    Anyway. The guide you are looking for is the Softmod Any Wii guide. There is a link in my signature.
    That is the guide I was referring to. I actually have it open in my browser right now, but I will review it again as per your words.E

    EDIT: I reviewed it again, and upon further review, I noted that there was a "Letterbomb" exploit. Will I still require a GameCube controller for this softmod?
    Last edited by maverick_zero; 04-10-2013 at 06:28 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,369
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 907 Posts
    Does the guide state that you need a GameCube controller?

    Click Below for recommended Links


  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Does the guide state that you need a GameCube controller?

    No sir, it doesn't. However, the reason I asked was because the last Wii softmod I performed a couple of years ago did in fact require the use of a GameCube controller, and I wanted to be sure of whether I needed one or not in order to proceed with the softmod. Since I have been away from this scene for the past couple of years, can you remind me if the Homebrew Channel installs automatically or I need to install it manually?

    once again, thanks a bunch!

  6. #6
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Moderator
    IRC AOP
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    llaffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3,369
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 907 Posts
    Questions like that tell me that you've not even tried to read the guide. I'm trying to gently tell you to do so, but seems a little more blunt force is required.

    READ THE GUIDE! THRICE! Don't do anything, don't following along, just read it.

    THEN!!! if you have any questions, reply in the guide's thread.

    What you think you remmeber from the last time you did this, forget it. It no longer exists. If it says to do something in the guide, you do it. If it doesn't say to do something, you don't. If it doesn't say you need something, you don't need it.

    Click Below for recommended Links


  7. 1 User Says Thank You llaffer For This Useful Post


  8. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llaffer View Post
    Questions like that tell me that you've not even tried to read the guide. I'm trying to gently tell you to do so, but seems a little more blunt force is required.

    READ THE GUIDE! THRICE! Don't do anything, don't following along, just read it.

    THEN!!! if you have any questions, reply in the guide's thread.

    What you think you remmeber from the last time you did this, forget it. It no longer exists. If it says to do something in the guide, you do it. If it doesn't say to do something, you don't. If it doesn't say you need something, you don't need it.
    Understood. i will let you know how it goes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •