Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: needing info on wii power issue please.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Douchebag/Scammer
    UnholyonE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts

    Question needing info on wii power issue please.

    Im getting a wii in today for cheep, $10 the guy says it will randomly turns off within an hour or so, he seems to think its a power brick issue, Im thinking heat issue, could there be any other things I should check to trouble shoot this wii?
    I havent really looked into any wii repairs before as Iv never had any issues with them, but fyi, I do lots of reflows on 360's and ps3's and have all the nessassary hardware and thermal paste to do the job.

  2. #2
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boob4me View Post
    Im getting a wii in today for cheep, $10 the guy says it will randomly turns off within an hour or so, he seems to think its a power brick issue, Im thinking heat issue, could there be any other things I should check to trouble shoot this wii?
    I havent really looked into any wii repairs before as Iv never had any issues with them, but fyi, I do lots of reflows on 360's and ps3's and have all the nessassary hardware and thermal paste to do the job.
    1) Try a different power supply.
    2) Set a fan next to the Wii and play for a few hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member BabyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dniMretsaM View Post
    1) Try a different power supply.
    2) Set a fan next to the Wii and play for a few hours.
    Also, check to make sure the current fan IS working. Set it on your kitchen table, plug the power in, grab a flashlight, and look at the fan on the backend. Power it on, and check to ensure that it spins. May be a bum fan. I would also check for obstructions on the right side air intake, and possibly take it apart to make sure there's nothing foreign inside. You won't believe the stuff I pulled outta my Wii a few years ago. Toy car axles, glow in the dark stars, gems, and a fork. No joke.

    Definitely sounds like an overheating issue. Just gotta find out where and why....

    Baby Daddy's System



  5. 1 User Says Thank You BabyDaddy For This Useful Post


  6. #4
    New Member
    Douchebag/Scammer
    UnholyonE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    how is the thermal paste on the wii's? does it have issues of breaking down? any other known defects with them

  7. #5
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boob4me View Post
    how is the thermal paste on the wii's? does it have issues of breaking down? any other known defects with them
    I've never really heard of any wide-spread issues. How old is this Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  8. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    447
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 77 Times in 67 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boob4me View Post
    how is the thermal paste on the wii's? does it have issues of breaking down? any other known defects with them
    No, it's not a poorly designed fail box 360 if that's what you mean.

  9. 3 Users Say Thank You to blaisedinsd For This Useful Post


  10. #7
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Damn if your comment didn't deserve a "thanks" click, lol

  11. #8
    New Member BabyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Damn if your comment didn't deserve a "thanks" click, lol
    Hehe he earned one from me too!

    Baby Daddy's System



  12. 1 User Says Thank You BabyDaddy For This Useful Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •