Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: completely lost

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    completely lost

    So about 3-4 months ago I softmodded my Wii v4.3u installed priiloader and everything else that the guide told me to do. It ran perfectly as it should, to make a long story short a little kid and his grandfather that frequent my video game store broke the news to me that his wii and all of his stuff was stolen out of his grandpas car so being christmas time i gifted him mine along with the HD and a giant stack of backup GC games. Well over the holidays he had it everywhere and it worked fine until he got it back home. Now it boots up to the normal wii menu with no other channels like HBC Neogamma or USB loader GX. I can open up priiloader but it wont allow me to do anything it says that HBC may not be installed. I also tried to go into bootmii but have read that unless its boot2 i shouldnt restore the NAND. So im stuck i have no idea what it is thats wrong, and all they said was that they hooked it up to the internet to watch Netflix and notcie that everything was gone. Any insight and help is much appreciated

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 893 Posts
    They most likely installed the 4.3 update thus removing Homebrew and stubbing the cIOS setup.

  3. #3
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    They most likely installed the 4.3 update thus removing Homebrew and stubbing the cIOS setup.
    But how could that have happened if they followed the softmod any wii guide????LOL

    OP: do the guide again and be sure to do it right.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    how do i get around it? is it possible to just format it and letterbomb it again?

  5. #5
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    yep...do it all, especially make sure priiloader has the hacks enabled this time

    Quote Originally Posted by EpicPopcicle View Post
    how do i get around it? is it possible to just format it and letterbomb it again?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did though because I was worried id brick it so i did everything unless you can force it to update?. And to be clear I must format it right to re bomb it because i just tried to letterbomb and it never showed up?

  7. #7
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    do not format it!
    just follow the guide from start to finish. You probably did not save the settings in priiloader or you forgot to block online updates. Either way, it is fixable.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    do not format it!
    just follow the guide from start to finish. You probably did not save the settings in priiloader or you forgot to block online updates. Either way, it is fixable.
    haha read it just in time. Thank you guys for the quick replies ill try again after the football games and post an update

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,238
    Thanks
    1,005
    Thanked 1,137 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator

    But how could that have happened if they followed the softmod any wii guide????LOL

    OP: do the guide again and be sure to do it right.
    Well now he just says everything "the guide" told him to, that could be any guide for all we know (I didn't see where he actually specified the guide on this site).


    But I digress, follow Skell's advice and you'll be alright.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  11. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Well now he just says everything "the guide" told him to, that could be any guide for all we know (I didn't see where he actually specified the guide on this site.


    But I digress, follow Skell's advice and you'll be alright.
    The guide in your sig is the exact guide i followed i blocked the stuff it says to block and left the ones alone i had no idea what they did

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •