Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: BootMii question

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    BootMii question

    After following the Softmod ANY wii guide using LetterBomb all is working fine.

    However when I'm on the HBC and choose to start BootMii the screen goes blank and the blue LED (tray) starts flashing.
    Doing a search it tells me the bootmii folder is missing on the SD card.

    I found the missing files doing a search again and put them into place.

    Now when I boot my wii, with the bootmii folder on SD, the wii goes to a black screen and nothing happens.
    When I delete the bootmii folder on SD all is working as normal again.

    What am I missing here?
    I would like to know how to start bootmii in case I ever need to.
    Thx for your help.
    cfg loader v70r50

  2. #2
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    Make sure bootmii folder is on root of sd card with files armboot.bin and ppcboot.elf in the folder.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Yep, I did create a bootmii folder on the root of the SD.
    With: armboot.bin, bootmii.ini, ppcboot.elf

    Somehow I could not download these files from the bootmii.org site.
    (Found it using the search on this forum.)
    The bootmii.org site gives you a boot.elf and bootmini.elf

    Is it possible it looks for these files?
    cfg loader v70r50

  4. #4
    New Member kunparekh18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    528
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 145 Times in 118 Posts
    No, those files are for the Hackmii installer. I think you should rerun the hackmii install, probably bootmii did not install properly.

    Sent from my A75 using Tapatalk 2

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hmmm, today I did the SM 4.3 -> SM 4.1 downgrade and installed priiloader again.
    Do you think this is somehow related?

    If I run sysCheck it seems to be fine.
    I also see two short blue flashes when I boot the Wii.
    If I'm correct, this is the indication bootmii is installed.

    sysCheck

    cfg loader v70r50

  6. #6
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helimod
    Hmmm, today I did the SM 4.3 -> SM 4.1 downgrade and installed priiloader again.
    Do you think this is somehow related?

    If I run sysCheck it seems to be fine.
    I also see two short blue flashes when I boot the Wii.
    If I'm correct, this is the indication bootmii is installed.

    sysCheck

    It's not related. Open up the HackMii Installer again and so the "Prepare SD Card" thing. Then install BM again. That should fix you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  7. #7
    New Member BabyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    I do know that the BootMii button on HBC only works for the IOS version of BootMii, if it's installed over boot2 then you won't be able to launch it through the HBC.

    I'm not certain, but I *believe* that the two short flashes indicate that BootMii is installed as boot2, which means that in order to run it, just make sure your SD card with the bootmii folder (and above-mentioned) files are in the root of the card, and start the Wii. It *should* boot BootMii before the System Menu. (not entirely sure, because aside from the initial NAND backup, I've never launched BootMii before...)

    Baby Daddy's System



  8. 1 User Says Thank You BabyDaddy For This Useful Post

    Jax

  9. #8
    Junior Member dniMretsaM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,142
    Thanks
    76
    Thanked 331 Times in 269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDaddy View Post
    I do know that the BootMii button on HBC only works for the IOS version of BootMii, if it's installed over boot2 then you won't be able to launch it through the HBC.

    I'm not certain, but I *believe* that the two short flashes indicate that BootMii is installed as boot2, which means that in order to run it, just make sure your SD card with the bootmii folder (and above-mentioned) files are in the root of the card, and start the Wii. It *should* boot BootMii before the System Menu. (not entirely sure, because aside from the initial NAND backup, I've never launched BootMii before...)
    That's entirely correct. However, BM/IOS installs automatically with HackMii Installer 0.7-1.0. His sysCheck says that it's installed, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by sven
    [16:26:34] i'm never sarcastic.
    [16:26:41] feel free to quote me on that.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You dniMretsaM For This Useful Post

    Jax

  11. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thx all, but it seems I figured out what went wrong.

    On my NAS I found the original bootmii files, created when I followed the "mod any wii" guide.
    After putting these files inside the bootmii folder it works again!

    It could be there are some different bootmii files around here.
    So if you follow the guide, make sure you store the original bootmii files on a safe place.
    (Together with your NAND backup.)
    Lucky me, I found them again.

    The MD5's can be found here if anyone needs them to compare:

    MD5's bootmii v1.4 files

    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by helimod; 01-03-2013 at 07:45 AM.
    cfg loader v70r50

  12. #10
    New Member BabyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    Good to hear!

    Baby Daddy's System



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •