The situation is caused by performing the following sequence of events during the Song of the Hero quest.
1. At the beginning of [COLOR=#009900 !important]the quest[/COLOR], go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon's event, and receive his song.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
This issue WILL NOT OCCUR if the Fire and Water Dragon songs have already been collected before collecting the Thunder Dragon's song. Talking to Golo in the Lanayru Caves will also NOT trigger this issue.
If the game has been saved after completing the sequence of events, it will no longer be possible to proceed through the game on that save file. The only options at that point are to either start the game over or to use an earlier save file to continue.
All you have to do is download the Zelda Data Restoration Channel from the Wii Channel section of the Wii Shopping Channel. Yes, it's a full Channel!
Follow these steps:
Download the Zelda Data Restoration Channel from the Wii Channels section through the Wii Shop Channel
Once downloaded, go back to the Wii Menu, launch the Zelda Data Restoration Channel and follow the onscreen [COLOR=#009900 !important]instructions[/COLOR].
also does that zelda channel thing apply to usb loaded versions? I mean how would you install that on a usb loaded game?