Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: USB loading issues

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    where would these HDD setting be in USB loader gx? also as for the split thing.. I hear Xenoblade and or The Last Story indeed do have that problem

  2. #12
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duomaxwell007
    where would these HDD setting be in USB loader gx? also as for the split thing.. I hear Xenoblade and or The Last Story indeed do have that problem
    The big gears in the bottom left corner of the main screen. That will open the settings menu, click the option that says hard drive settings.

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok Im still have an issue with GX... Im now using a fat32 HDD the hard drive settings on GX are set accordingly.. and I put a wbfs game on the drive just for testing purposes...

    its in L:\wbfs\game title\game ID.wbfs

    I start usb loader GX.. now where exactly do I go to launch the game from the HDD? this would be so much simpler if there was a "load usb game" option... instead all I see is a list that show nothing but the channels that are on my system menu... no game thats on my drive at all.


    whereas in wiiflow i can find it just fine

  4. #14
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duomaxwell007
    ok Im still have an issue with GX... Im now using a fat32 HDD the hard drive settings on GX are set accordingly.. and I put a wbfs game on the drive just for testing purposes...

    its in L:\wbfs\game title\game ID.wbfs

    I start usb loader GX.. now where exactly do I go to launch the game from the HDD? this would be so much simpler if there was a "load usb game" option... instead all I see is a list that show nothing but the channels that are on my system menu... no game thats on my drive at all.

    whereas in wiiflow i can find it just fine
    At the top of the screen you will see a row of icons, click the 4th from the left and check the box that says "Wii Games". Close the box and you should see your Wii games.

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    ok just did that but theres nothing showing.. despite their being game in the drive and its in the right path (as i listed in the previous post)

    maybe GX only loads ISO and not wbfs?

  6. #16
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duomaxwell007
    ok just did that but theres nothing showing.. despite their being game in the drive and its in the right path (as i listed in the previous post)

    maybe GX only loads ISO and not wbfs?
    No, USB GX definitely loads WBFS from Fat32 drives. I'm not sure what the problem is there...maybe your HDD just isn't compatible.

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yet its compatible with wiiflow? hmm lemme try a different flash drive to test that theory

  8. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,811
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 772 Times in 588 Posts


  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Im gonna guess Brian is the forum troll... anyway so I tried a ntfs flash drive with another game on it... GX also didnt see any game son that one yet wiiflow picked it up and ran it just fine... (the game i was trying to run on the FAT32 drive that GX didnt recognize.. is recognized by wiiflow but the game itself wont launch.. I get a code dump screen (its wii sports resort)

    thus I tried to run it using GX but cant because GX wont recognize the drive -_-


    soo two drives that GX doesnt recognize so far while the other loaders see it just fine? maybe someone shoudl make a USB compatibility guide specifically for GX (yes i know they are compatibility guides out there but i dont know if theyre solely targeted at GX

  10. 1 User Says Thank You duomaxwell007 For This Useful Post


  11. #20
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,920
    Thanks
    878
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 832 Posts
    This link may provide more help:


    http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-gu...gx-v3-0-a.html

    If you have 2 USB drives that don't work on USB loader GX then chances are it's not a compatibility issue but rather a settings or installation problem. If you read through that link it should help you get it sorted out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •