Newbie Question: Bought Wii Modded with Wiikey but only want to play original games
I just bought a very cheap Wii online but was told that it was modified with a Wiikey. I am only planning to play original games on it. With this system:
1. Can I play all original games? (I'm worried about New Super Mario Bros.)
2. Am I allowed to run system updates?
Again, I'm not planning to run any backup games or out-of-region games. Just wondering if I should keep this system, or if I should look for an un-modified Wii.
Last edited by kto; 11-20-2012 at 02:40 AM.
1. pretending the wiikey is not there, just play ALL your retail game disc. treat it as an un-modified Wii. do no harm.
2. yes, run system updates are favorable for playing retail game disc.
3. you don't have to buy an un-modified Wii. if you really look for a CLEAN Wii, (ask someone to) open the Wii plastic enclosure, and cut the V line and the Gnd line of the modchip. but, why bother ?
Last edited by billyhome; 11-20-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Perfect. I feel much better now. Thanks for taking the time to help!