Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: GC games on hdd

  1. #31
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kladde
    I had USB GX V2.5 and just replaced the old .dol with dol from IOS249 but cant find what version it was.
    Maybe I should download latest USB loader instead of replacing .dol?
    If yes then should I first delete the old USB loader? Or just install the new one?
    Again, download USB Loader GX 3.0 r1201, extract the downloaded files. Take the boot.dol you just extracted and replace it with the one on your SD card.

  2. #32
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Again, download USB Loader GX 3.0 r1201, extract the downloaded files. Take the boot.dol you just extracted and replace it with the one on your SD card.
    OK, I think I have the latest loader. It says V3.0 IOS222 in credits.

    Now when clicking on start game (mario sunshine) I don't get a message that DM is not installed. But the screen gets black and nothing happens.

    Is there some setting that I need to know?

    Edit:
    I have downloaded Luigis Mansion also. Used the DMtoolboxmto move it to hdd. Now I tried to start Luigis masion but now I get a question if I want to copy the game to SD. Why? When I did that I got no free space so it asked me to delete some old games. SO I deleted Mario sunshine. But i want to play from HDD. This must be possible.
    Last edited by Kladde; 09-29-2012 at 08:12 AM.

  3. #33
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kladde

    OK, I think I have the latest loader. It says V3.0 IOS222 in credits.

    Now when clicking on start game (mario sunshine) I don't get a message that DM is not installed. But the screen gets black and nothing happens.

    Is there some setting that I need to know?

    Edit:
    I have downloaded Luigis Mansion also. Used the DMtoolboxmto move it to hdd. Now I tried to start Luigis masion but now I get a question if I want to copy the game to SD. Why? When I did that I got no free space so it asked me to delete some old games. SO I deleted Mario sunshine. But i want to play from HDD. This must be possible.
    The loader should say Rev 1201 IOS249...that is the latest.

    Rip the game(s) from your retail disc(s).

  4. #34
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Then why does it show another version if I downloaded the one you told me? Please of you can link to the right version then.

    Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

  5. #35
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kladde
    Then why does it show another version if I downloaded the one you told me? Please of you can link to the right version then.

    Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2
    I didn't post a link for USB Loader GX r1200 or r1201.........you obviously downloaded the wrong one.

    http://www.mediafire.com/?5tikymmn0uqad3a

    ^^^Use that one^^^

  6. #36
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Thanks Snes. I have now Rev1201 IOS249 (rev21007). I hope this is right.

    But why when I trying to start the games the screen is black? Nothing happens.

    I tried to run games from Sd and USB but non of them works. I have DiosMios 2.3 that should run games from usb right?
    I tried to play the retail disc but it didn't works so it means that DM is installed.
    Last edited by Kladde; 09-30-2012 at 02:02 AM.

  7. #37
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kladde
    Thanks Snes. I have now Rev1201 IOS249 (rev21007). I hope this is right.

    But why when I trying to start the games the screen is black? Nothing happens.

    I tried to run games from Sd and USB but non of them works. I have DiosMios 2.3 that should run games from usb right?
    I tried to play the retail disc but it didn't works so it means that DM is installed.
    Is your USB fat32 with 32kb cluster size?

  8. #38
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Hope not then I know what the issue is. How can I check cluster? I know for sure it is fat 32.

    Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

  9. #39
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,240
    Thanks
    1,006
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kladde
    Hope not then I know what the issue is. How can I check cluster? I know for sure it is fat 32.

    Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2
    I'm not sure, there may be a program that can tell you, when I started USB loading my old GC games I ripped I just reformatted my HDD just to be sure it was FAT32 32kb clusters.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post


  11. #40
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    YES it worked. The black screen was that my hdd was not FAT32. I used FAT32formater to format hdd on windows 7 that is not possible.

    Thanks SNES Master for you help.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •