Dios Mios 2.2 Questions
Hey guys! A couple of days ago, I installed Dios Mios 2.2, and have backed up a couple of gamecube games, including Four Swords Adventures, Wind Waker, and Super Mario Sunshine. So Ive messed around with the settings quite a bit for the games to actually load. The only problem is, Im not making too much progress. Ive been searching for a few days on how to solve these issues, but cant find a solution, can any of them...
So the exact problems I am having are:
1. If Wind Waker actually loads, pressing OK after entering my name causes my wii to turn off. The one time I got past this, when I fell into water my wii turned off again! -.-
2. My Wii shuts off while loading for swords adventures. As soon as the Gamecube Dios Mios screen disapears, the wii is off.
3. Super Mario sunshine sometimes loads, and I occasionaly get a black screen at event triggers. The big issue though, is that I cannot save. I turned NMM on, but when I try to save, it says saving failed because there is not Memory card in slot A.
Again, if someone can PLEASE help me with anything, I would greatly appreciate it, especially with Windwaker! (I made it a mission to play every zelda game out there :D )
Edit: Im on a red wii, 4.3u. Im using a verbatim clon 320gb hard drive, which I also use for my backed up wii games, so the problem has nothing to do with my hard drive going to sleep. Not sure what other information to post, let me know!
Also, when I installed the Dios Mios 2.2 wad, I used IOS 222 rather than 249, because 249 gave me an error -1029, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
If you'd be willing to provide some information and time, I'd be glad to try to help you!!
1) Have you checked the formatting of this drive: (y/n)
2) Which loader are you loading from: (e.g. Wiiflow, CFG Loader, etc.)
3) Is there an update for the loader you're using: (y/n/haven't looked)
4) Have you tried using this guide to "Softmod ANY Wii": (y/n)
5) Have you ever tried running DML before this issue started: (y/n)
6) Have you updated your IOS's: (y/n)
7) Would you be willing to use DML if you could still use your HDD as storage for your USB games? (y/n)
Thanks for replying! Quick note, I tested Luigi's Mansion, it asks for a memory card too, even though NMM is on -.-
Now onto the questions:
2.I use USB Loader GX for Gamecube, and CFG for normal wii backups. I tried gamecube with CFG as well, no luck.
3.GX is already updated.
5.The first thing I installed was DML, then I ordered my GC controller online. Then I realized I could just use DM, so I uninstalled DML.
6. I think I might have updated an IOS before to get a wii game to work, but im not 100% sure which one it was. Should I update them?
7. If DM doesn't work, I think that DML won't either...
BUT if I need to then I will try it. ANYTHING for windwaker!
*Note NMM isn't compatible with all games... You might find a few that do not work :/
Did DML fully work for you? (y/n)
Is this harddrive/usb multiple partitioned? (y/n)
*IF SO DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL YOU HAVE MADE THE HARDDRIVE WITH YOUR GAMES PRIMARY AND ACTIVE
Then.. if that fails check out the Softmod Any Wii Guide, skip down to:
] Chapter 2- Hacking your wii
Read this Chapter 3 times, or more.
1) Skip the part about formatting. For this is not necessary right now.
2) Download the ModPack.zip and IOSUpdate.zip
3) Run the md5 checksum
4) Use the WiiMod app to install the wads. (I know, you might've already done this, but it's ok to reinstall)
5) Get back to your pc with your SD/USB
6) Download the AppPackV4.zip
7) Install the packs to /apps/
8) Try using USB Loader GX once again on your wii to see if the results have varied any here.
9) If nothing changes, then continue here:
- Download this file.
- Move the /apps/ to the corresponding folder (/apps) in your SD/USB
- Install the dol files for the channels on your wii
- Grab a new syscheck at this point, while you're still at your wii
- At this point before continuing on, send me a directory listing by downloading this file: LINK!
- Extract the contents. Read the directions, put the file (FileDirCheck.bat) into the root of the drive (SD/USB)
- Run that file.
- Copy the contents of this file created (Directory_Listing.txt), paste back to me. (We may be able to work from here if none of the above is working.)
- Post the syscheck
10) If that doesn't work get to this guide.
11) Run through that tutorial.
*Note: If this fails, sadly I believe it'll be the downgrade to DML... but as you said, "anything for windwaker" lol
I would just like to add that you need USB Loader GX 3.0 r1200 to use DIOS MIOS 2.2. If your USB Loader GX is below r1200 it won't work properly. Also, as previously stated, not all games use NMM...you will have to buy a memory card.
Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks
Sorry for late reply, I have relatives over for 2 weeks...
Anyway, I tried your method, but unfortunately it didnt work..
Now when I try to play, it acts as if I have DML instead of DM, asking me to copy my games to the sd card. I tried to reinstall DM 2.2, but it doesnt change! :(
Anyway, I tried copying to my SD, because it was my last resort and all, and then I got apploader size is 0 error -.-
So yeah thanks for trying to help, but ill just try and redo the entire installation of DIOS MIOS, and see how that goes.
Like i said Boris, if the installation/running fails, we can DEFINITELY do DMLite, with the option of HDD storage, with copy-past functioning to/fro SD Card via WiiXplorer man, let us know how it goes!