Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to install game cover art for USBLoader GX?

  1. #1
    New Member Avastgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    How to install game cover art for USBLoader GX?

    I just followed the NTFS Guide and I'm now trying to install the game covers for USBLoader GX. The guide tells me that for USBLoader GX I have to install all the covers on the SD card, but I'm having troubles doing so.

    What I did so far was create folders as specified by the guide, but I'm not sure if I should create them myself or if the loader does it automatically. This is what the guide says about the paths to the covers:

    USB Loader GX
    Flat Covers - SD:\config\images
    2D Covers - SD:\config\images\2D
    Disc Covers - SD:\config\images\disc
    Full Covers - SD:\config\images\full
    ***NOTE: Do not save anything to USB or you face data corruption!***
    I downloaded a cover from gametdb.com and saved it on all of the paths above (simultaneously), but I still can't see the cover art on USB loader GX. How do I fix that? Should the "config" folder really be on the root of the SD card or in the "apps" folder?

    By the way, I'm trying to download the covers from my PC and then install them on the SD card.

    Also, I am not sure what's the difference between "flat" and "2D" covers. Additionally, is the "Full" cover the "3D" cover or just the regular cover with the back of the game box included?

  2. #2
    New Member pokezeynep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 63 Times in 57 Posts
    you can download from wii too just press on blank cover and you will be fine.you must have a internet connection.easy
    "The Wind... It is blowing...." -Ganondorf

    The Mightest Hero is slain by a single arrow
    <--Press Thanks If I've Helped!

  3. 1 User Says Thank You pokezeynep For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    New Member BabyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    If you're using a USB drive then that's where you'll want to store your covers.

    Covers need to be stored on SD cards if your drive is formatted to WBFS, but FAT32 can allow you to store everything, covers, homebrew apps, etc, on the drive. I'm not sure about NTFS but it should be similar.

    I used USB Loader GX in the past and was able to automatically download the covers. Today I use CFG and can just click on Update, then Download Missing Covers, and it downloads any covers that I do not have. Saves them to the drive. I don't even use a memory card anymore.

  5. #4
    New Member Avastgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pokezeynep View Post
    you can download from wii too just press on blank cover and you will be fine.you must have a internet connection.easy
    Thanks, I was fearing connecting to the internet would do something bad, but I have priiloader installed and set to block updates. After some reading, I found out it is safe.

    On the other hand, some of the covers were not found on the database...

    Quote Originally Posted by BabyDaddy View Post
    If you're using a USB drive then that's where you'll want to store your covers.

    Covers need to be stored on SD cards if your drive is formatted to WBFS, but FAT32 can allow you to store everything, covers, homebrew apps, etc, on the drive. I'm not sure about NTFS but it should be similar.

    I used USB Loader GX in the past and was able to automatically download the covers. Today I use CFG and can just click on Update, then Download Missing Covers, and it downloads any covers that I do not have. Saves them to the drive. I don't even use a memory card anymore.
    Actually, if you are using USBLoader GX on an NTFS formatted HDD, you can't save the game covers on the HDD or you may cause your data to be corrupted, according to NTFS Guide (the covers are saved on the SD card). As far as I know, you don't have to put anything on the HDD except the games themselves (if you are using USBLoader GX on an NTFS formatted HDD). But Thanks for the help anyway.
    Last edited by Avastgard; 07-25-2012 at 04:04 PM.

  6. #5
    New Member pokezeynep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 63 Times in 57 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Avastgard View Post
    Thanks, I was fearing connecting to the internet would do something bad, but I have priiloader installed and set to block updates. After some reading, I found out it is safe.
    connecting internet is very very safe but i dont think same as wiiconnect24 cause everything can happen when on standby mode but internet is safe

    Quote Originally Posted by Avastgard View Post
    On the other hand, some of the covers were not found on the
    database...
    yep thats very normal but it normally cant find custom disk or 3d cover these are not very important
    "The Wind... It is blowing...." -Ganondorf

    The Mightest Hero is slain by a single arrow
    <--Press Thanks If I've Helped!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •