Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Help with USB Loader - Installing games not working

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Help with USB Loader - Installing games not working

    When I try to install a game from my original game disk to my USB flash drive (through Homebrew channel first, and then either Configurable USB Loader, USB Loader GX, or WiiFlow), it reaches a certain percentage and then freezes. It doesn't matter which loader I use, and I have tried formatting the USB flash drive (which is good on the compatibility list) to FAT32, WBFS, and NTFS. None of them work properly.

    Excuse my noob-ness but I would greatly appreciate some help with this. I want to be able to put my games (all of them are original game disks) onto an external drive, and run them from there instead of the disks. If I get this working at all I'll probably end up getting/using a bigger drive.

    So, an overview:
    >My Wii is 'older' and white, it says now in 'Wii settings' that it's version 4.1U but it said 4.3U before modding (Letterbomb worked fine to install Homebrew/Bootmii).
    >It's modified by following the entire 'Softmod ANY Wii' guide (Letterbomb) (Homebrew and Bootmii installed, NAND backed up, all checksums verified, all WADs installed successfully, Priiloader installed, and the AppPack on the SD card). I haven't done anything else.
    >Configurable USB Loader, USB Loader GX, and WiiFlow will not successfully install games from original discs to my USB (Reaches a certain percentage and then freezes).
    >The USB has been formatted as FAT32, WBFS, and NTFS (One at a time, none of them work). The flash drive is a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB.

    Thanks in advance... I probably just missed something somewhere. xP
    Last edited by tehninjapanda; 02-26-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  2. #2
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,240
    Thanks
    1,467
    Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,907 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tehninjapanda View Post
    When I try to install a game from my original game disk to my USB flash drive (through Homebrew channel first, and then either Configurable USB Loader, USB Loader GX, or WiiFlow), it reaches a certain percentage and then freezes. It doesn't matter which loader I use, and I have tried formatting the USB flash drive (which is good on the compatibility list) to FAT32, WBFS, and NTFS. None of them work properly.

    Excuse my noob-ness but I would greatly appreciate some help with this. I want to be able to put my games (all of them are original game disks) onto an external drive, and run them from there instead of the disks. If I get this working at all I'll probably end up getting/using a bigger drive.

    So, an overview:
    >My Wii is 'older' and white, it says now in 'Wii settings' that it's version 4.1U but it said 4.3U before modding (Letterbomb worked fine to install Homebrew/Bootmii).
    >It's modified by following the entire 'Softmod ANY Wii' guide (Letterbomb) (Homebrew and Bootmii installed, NAND backed up, all checksums verified, all WADs installed successfully, Priiloader installed, and the AppPack on the SD card). I haven't done anything else.
    >Configurable USB Loader, USB Loader GX, and WiiFlow will not successfully install games from original discs to my USB (Reaches a certain percentage and then freezes).
    >The USB has been formatted as FAT32, WBFS, and NTFS (One at a time, none of them work). The flash drive is a SanDisk Cruzer 8GB.

    Thanks in advance... I probably just missed something somewhere. xP
    Did you use EaseUS as suggested in the Fat32 guide to format, or just the windows format utility?

    Quote Originally Posted by GKONTHEMAC View Post
    I'm having the same problems but i'm using an external hard drive. Someone help please!
    Your problem isn't necessarily related to the above poster. Please make your own thread instead of hijacking this one, or wait to see if the advice fits your issue. Its darn near impossible to help two different people in one thread, since there are so many variables involved. I will be deleting your post shortly. Thanks.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Did you use EaseUS as suggested in the Fat32 guide to format, or just the windows format utility?
    Yes, I downloaded the EaseUS and followed the instructions for formatting the drive (as FAT32). I also downloaded/tried the WBFS manager, and simply using Windows. None of those worked though. I'm starting to think that it must be the drive itself, for whatever reason... Should I find another one (different model) and follow the same guide to see if it works? My Wii is functioning just fine for everything else, this is the only thing that isn't working properly.

    Thanks for responding so soon, by the way. I appreciate it.

  4. #4
    Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    playerkp420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,178
    Thanks
    223
    Thanked 489 Times in 428 Posts
    Is it only with one game?

    I have found when one of my games stops installing at a certain percent, it is because the disc is scratched.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Is it only with one game?

    I have found when one of my games stops installing at a certain percent, it is because the disc is scratched.
    It doesn't work for any of the games.

    However, I just found/formatted a different drive (WD, 37G I believe) to see if that would fix it, and everything is working properly now! Thanks anyway; I'll just use the old drive for something else, I don't need it to work for this. So the thread can be locked/deleted/what it is you prefer on this site now.

  6. #6
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    832
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Thats interesting, since the sandisk cruzer was on the compatibility list. Glad you got another drive and it is working though.

    If you are up for some experimenting and want to pacify my curiousity.........Try transferring a game to that usb stick from your working drive with wii backup manager, see if the game will play......I am just wondering, thanks.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •