Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: New Exploit, Tales of Symphonia

  1. #11
    Retired Staffer bmarlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sydney,Australia
    Posts
    5,945
    Thanks
    977
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    All these exploits!
    It's like the hackers are saying to big N it doesn't matter what you do, we'll find a workaround!
    Nice!

    Sent from my iPhone using WiiHacks



  2. #12
    New Member mndgme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 39 Times in 33 Posts
    That's pretty much how it is with all the consoles now. New update? Exploit it. Patch it, find another exploit. Never ending battle! They should just give up. But then many would be out of a job! Lol

    Sent from my iPod Touch using the WiiHacks App!!

  3. #13
    Member BandicootAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 448 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Another exploit or 4.4 update?
    I meant another exploit, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. I mean, it's been almost a year now since Nintendo released 4.3. I think we can expect a 4.4 update somewhere soon. And then we'll see if Nintendo can finally make a good impact on the Homebrew-world. I was not too impressed by 4.2 and 4.3.

  4. #14
    New Member
    Community Representative - Donation/Contest Committee
    ganoderma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 68 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBandicootAddict View Post
    I meant another exploit, but I wouldn't be surprised either way. I mean, it's been almost a year now since Nintendo released 4.3. I think we can expect a 4.4 update somewhere soon. And then we'll see if Nintendo can finally make a good impact on the Homebrew-world. I was not too impressed by 4.2 and 4.3.
    With all the game exploits that can't be fixed by nintendo? Don't think they can do much if they want to... It's too late now.
    4.1E | Bootmii as boot2 | Priiloader 0.7b | configurable USB loader V62-222 | Hermes v4 | Hermes v5.1 | Wanin v20

    ← If I helped you, please click the thanks button on the bottom left of my post.

  5. #15
    Member BandicootAddicted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,594
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 448 Times in 358 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ganoderma View Post
    With all the game exploits that can't be fixed by nintendo? Don't think they can do much if they want to... It's too late now.
    Well, running homebrew on a Wii pretty much can't be stopped anymore. But my doubt lies within the whole cIOS thing.
    I can think of a few ways she could eliminate such software.

  6. #16
    New Member
    Community Representative - Donation/Contest Committee
    ganoderma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 68 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBandicootAddict View Post
    Well, running homebrew on a Wii pretty much can't be stopped anymore. But my doubt lies within the whole cIOS thing.
    I can think of a few ways she could eliminate such software.
    Well, what nintendo has been trying is installing stubs in the cIOS slots but it didn't help a bit since we (unlike nintendo) can downgrade the IOS revision.
    Basically if we install a cIOS with revision 65535 (max possible revision), nintendo can't possibly delete it with their current methods.
    Even if nintendo go out and downgrade (or simply delete) IOSes: it'll be a matter of time before a priiloader hack comes out that can block that behavior (like HBC deletion).
    Best thing they could do is insert more protection to the games. But last time they tried that it was no problem at all (NSMB is the last disc protection they attempted I think)

    The thing they need to block is the original installing the homebrewchannel because once that's there you can do about everything without going to the system menu anymore.
    4.1E | Bootmii as boot2 | Priiloader 0.7b | configurable USB loader V62-222 | Hermes v4 | Hermes v5.1 | Wanin v20

    ← If I helped you, please click the thanks button on the bottom left of my post.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •