Nintendo's press event tonight is rumored to be two hours long. So far, a 3DS fansite that somehow got to the event has confirmed the following:
- The Wii Remote Plus is real (Wii Remote with motion plus built in standard). Last week word of a new Wii Remote with built in Motion Plus accelerometers was leaked on the internet, well Nintendo has finally confirmed that the Wii Remote Plus is real and will come in the four standard Wii Remote colors; white, black, pink and blue.
No launch date has been announced for the Wii Remote Plus, but it is expected to be released as a bundle package with FlingSmash.
3DS Release Date:
Japan - February 26, 2011 for 25,000 Yen (Approx. $298.726 USD).
USA and Europe / Others - March 2011.
Release colors are Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black. No price was given in the Western markets. Odds are we'll hear about it pretty soon...
Straight from the Nintendo Conference 2010 comes the 1st image of the final design of the 3DS and it's sexy new stylus.
Slight changes include:
- Gray color for analog 'nub'
- Retractable stylus with 'chrome' detailing.
- As with Wii the 3DS has a HOME button. The functionality is similar to on Wii - it interrupts gameplay. It can access hardware features as a user is playing a game.
- The Last Story (Wii), the previously announced Nintendo published RPG is releasing in Japan on January 27, 2011.
- Users can take pictures of themselves with the 3DS cameras, and a Mii is automatically created for the system, according to people directly covering the event. 3DS Miis can also be saved in picture form to an SD Card.
- Apparently an internet browser has been shown - this bodes well for Nintendo's internet push on 3DS. Putting the device in a "cradle" is supposed to speed up internet downloads? Hopefully we'll hear more about that later on.
- Namco & Capcom want to use the new tag mode (which as was announced at E3 can store data for multiple games at once) for rankings and fight requests in Ridge Racer and Street Fighter.
- Downloadable classic portable games in 3D (Virtual Console 3DS) and some console games remade in 3D are confirmed as a 3DS feature. Nintendo also says a 2 GB SD Card will be included with 3DS. The 3DS can connect to Wi-Fi internet while in sleep mode to download rankings and such. 3DS will automatically connect at points where Nintendo has pushed online functionality (at least in Japan) - such as Mcdonalds and retailer kiosks...and NTT, a Japanese phone company will provide new hotspots as well for these automatic updates in Japan.
- Nintendo also will be releasing a special Super Mario-themed DSi XL bundle in Japan in October to commemorate 25 years of Super Mario Bros., for 18,000 Yen.
- 3DS has some mysterious features we still lack info on - "Memmory Notebook" and a couple others, including 3D Television demos from Fuji.
- Rhythm Heaven Wii was also apparently announced, although I'm still trying to confirm this. Would be a big deal - Rhythm Heaven was massive on DS, particularly in Japan.
- On a different note, Capcom Unity's Twitter has apparently just confirmed Mega Man Legends 3 will be for 3DS, and 3DS is apparently getting at least two Resident Evil games (one was already known).
- As a final note, the German Tabloid Bild was also wrong on its rumored date - Nov 11 is months away from Feb 26....be wary of rumors my friends!
Stay tuned - I'm sure we'll hear more about the 3DS from Nintendo's USA and European branches shortly.
Full 3DS Lineup:
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Nintendogs + Cats
Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
Resident Evil: Revelations
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D
Sengoku Musou Chronicle
Dead or Alive: Dimensions
Pro Yakyuu Spirits series
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D - The Naked Sample
Chocobo Racing 3D
Super Monkey Ball
Ridge Racer 3D
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Star Fox 64 3D
Animal Crossing 3D
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
+ Video: Nintendo 3DS Video Game, NC 10: Japanese Software Lineup Trailer | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
VGChartz (1) (2) (3) (4)
Last edited by Ithian; 09-29-2010 at 08:36 AM.
"I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing