Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 109

Thread: ★ cIOSX Rev19 Released by Waninkoko ★

  1. #81
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    @Pob3008, Mekee & Ithian:
    Thanks for your quick responses! I will do the update trying 19 first (after NAND backup) ...

    Is there any reason I would need to install Hermes (v4 or v5) as well? I have found plenty of installation instructions but not actually the reason for installing it. From what I can see it should enable USB loaders, but that already works for me.

  2. #82
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by own1970 View Post
    @Pob3008, Mekee & Ithian:
    Thanks for your quick responses! I will do the update trying 19 first (after NAND backup) ...

    Is there any reason I would need to install Hermes (v4 or v5) as well? I have found plenty of installation instructions but not actually the reason for installing it. From what I can see it should enable USB loaders, but that already works for me.
    IOS202 (for MPlayer CE)
    IOS222 (usb loaders)
    IOS223 (for Guitar Hero, Rock Band, and microphone games)
    IOS224
    hermesv5

    here yah go:P

  3. #83
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Wow thx, that was quick!

    I did find that post indeed. Guess I do not need the Hermes.

    Thanks again

  4. #84
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by own1970 View Post
    Wow thx, that was quick!

    I did find that post indeed. Guess I do not need the Hermes.

    Thanks again
    install hermes 222 though
    usbloader gx deafault's to ios 222, when it can't read the hard drive right away
    (like mine, my hard drive got an on and off, if I run gx then turn it on it, uses ios 222,but if I turn on HD then GX it uses ios 249)

    EDIT: silly of me your not using usbloader gx
    install hermes anyway, no harm in doing it
    Last edited by Mekee; 03-27-2010 at 04:47 PM.

  5. #85
    Junior Member thatfloorguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 198 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Is V5 officially stable as of now? I know 222(V4) provides great usb support, but I was under the impression V5 was still a little buggy with some loaders.
    4.2U / Priiloader / CiosX d2x v6/1TB WD fat32/Wiiflow r415
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Softmod any 4.2 Wii

    Playing Games from USB

    NSMB level editor (Reggie)

    WiiFlow

    Problematic Games?

    Custom Game Channels


  6. #86
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    im sure when a lot of you read this your going to laugh and make fun of me but....
    (1.) Are we supposed to only copy the IOS with the base that we want to use for installation to the root of the SD card or all the IOS's in the fullpack to the root of the SD card.
    (2.) Lets say that I am choosing to use base 38 (recommended) for the installation, it installs as it should, now what? Am I done or do I have to repeat the process for the other bases as well. I am guessing that I don't have to do the other bases because doing so will uninstall what I just previously did. Am I close or way off base here.

    ctang

  7. #87
    Junior Member thatfloorguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 198 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    You are correct. Once you install it using chosen base you are done. If you find this doesn't suit your needs you can try another.
    4.2U / Priiloader / CiosX d2x v6/1TB WD fat32/Wiiflow r415
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Softmod any 4.2 Wii

    Playing Games from USB

    NSMB level editor (Reggie)

    WiiFlow

    Problematic Games?

    Custom Game Channels


  8. 1 User Says Thank You thatfloorguy For This Useful Post


  9. #88
    Junior Member Mekee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    849
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 163 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatfloorguy View Post
    Is V5 officially stable as of now? I know 222(V4) provides great usb support, but I was under the impression V5 was still a little buggy with some loaders.
    I'm on v5, can't really say, I use ciosrev17, but my loader default's to 222 when it can't read slow starting usb...never had a prob.
    that's with GX r920, wierd though, when I change boot standard. It says GX only supports hermes v4..hahah I'm on v5 and not running into prob.

  10. #89
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatfloorguy View Post
    You are correct. Once you install it using chosen base you are done. If you find this doesn't suit your needs you can try another.
    wow that was fast...thank you (and also thanked)

    ctang

  11. #90
    Junior Member thatfloorguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,119
    Thanks
    313
    Thanked 198 Times in 167 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekee View Post
    I'm on v5, can't really say, I use ciosrev17, but my loader default's to 222 when it can't read slow starting usb...never had a prob.
    that's with GX r920, wierd though, when I change boot standard. It says GX only supports hermes v4..hahah I'm on v5 and not running into prob.
    I have a GX channel but rarely use it, only if after exhausting all possibilities I can think of with WiiFlow. I do have 1 game that will not boot from WiiFlow but from GX(same settings). I am not sure but it may be Medal of Honor.
    @ctang You are welcome
    4.2U / Priiloader / CiosX d2x v6/1TB WD fat32/Wiiflow r415
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Softmod any 4.2 Wii

    Playing Games from USB

    NSMB level editor (Reggie)

    WiiFlow

    Problematic Games?

    Custom Game Channels


Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •