This page will no longer be updated. Instead go HERE.
Here is the official release of cIOS38Rev17 by Waninkoko. This is reported to be a stable release and should be safe to install for the average user. That said, I take no responsibility for what you put on your console. Mini-reviews on page 2.
- Original Package - For network installations: cIOS38Rev17 as released by Waninkoko. (Credit to Stomp_442 for uploading to Wiihacks)
- Complete Package - IOS38-64-v3867.wad included for those without wifi, a meta.xml tag, and a pretty icon for HBC.
- When dumping a Dual-Layer game, the last 128kB of the 2nd layer become corrupted.
It's similar with regards to the DL bug in Rev14 in that it will create checksum errors
when trying to verify the sectors of the disc. This is a bug only on the technical level.
Here's what Wiipower had to say,
It seems superior to all other cIOS from Waninkoko. rev14 had the DL bug, 15 was not disc channel/NeoGamma compatible and 16 dislikes certain commands(NeoGamma).
The only issue i know of is that it's not able to read the last sector of a DL disc. Hmm, thinking about it and about the above, that might be pretty bad. But this issue is said to be fixed in the repository."
| CHANGELOG |
[ CIOS38 rev 17 ]:
- DIP plugin improved (some code has been rewritten).
- More error 001 bug fixing.
- DVD+DL bug fixed.
- FFS plugin fixed.
[ CIOS38 rev 16 ]:
- Error 001 bug fixed.
- NSMB proper fix added.
[ CIOS38 rev 15 ]:
- DVD+DL support fixed.
- DIP plugin improvement (NSMB may work a bit better).
- ES plugin optimized.
- FAT module bugs fixed.
- FFS plugin bugs fixed.
- EHCI module optimized.
- Fixed bug in Installer.
- Miscellaneous changes.
Credit to GBAtemp.net for the original announcement.