Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Powers off when loading an external hdd in VWII.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts

    Powers off when loading an external hdd in VWII.

    I decided to give Wiiflow 4.1 a try on my Wii U, but whenever I have my external hdd connected during Wii Mode, the system will shut down.
    The external harddrive is the same one I've used from my other Wii's without an issue, but I'm not sure what's causing this. Is it only me that's experiencing this?


    Edit: I guess I'll edit this later to document what's I'm experiencing and all that specific stuff.
    -Eric

  2. #2
    New Member candylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    514
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 176 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EForslin View Post
    I decided to give Wiiflow 4.1 a try on my Wii U, but whenever I have my external hdd connected during Wii Mode, the system will shut down.
    The external harddrive is the same one I've used from my other Wii's without an issue, but I'm not sure what's causing this. Is it only me that's experiencing this?


    Edit: I guess I'll edit this later to document what's I'm experiencing and all that specific stuff.
    Not all external hard drive are compatible with Wii U. It is recommended using a hard-disc drive (HDD) with a dedicated power source (i.e., using an A/C adapter).
    External USB Storage Devices That Have Been Tested To Work with Wii U

    Spoiler

    Last edited by candylove; 01-06-2013 at 08:30 AM.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Can you use Wii U to play Wii games from external hdd ??
    Thanks in advance

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,176
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 2,559 Times in 2,005 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Can you use Wii U to play Wii games from external hdd ??
    Thanks in advance
    Oh yeah. we do it all the time lol
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    Oh yeah. we do it all the time lol
    Whats so funny, are you serious about that or not ??
    What do i need to play wii games from external hdd on my Wii U ??
    I already have external hdd with wii games.

    Thanks in advance

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,150
    Thanks
    966
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang
    Whats so funny, are you serious about that or not ??
    What do i need to play wii games from external hdd on my Wii U ??
    I already have external hdd with wii games.

    Thanks in advance
    You need to look up how to do it, there is a news story on the home page of WiiHacks that confirms it is possible to load original Wii games via HDD in Wii U's vWii mode.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,180
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,570 Times in 2,972 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    I believe that some hdd drive that only require 1 usb wire to power when loading on a wii, may require a pigtail usb wire to supply extra power when loading on vwii. Also you need the vwii compatible d2x cios installed and vwii compatible usbloader. Should work without issue, considering you have no issues.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #8
    New Member BabyDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    234
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mauifrog View Post
    I believe that some hdd drive that only require 1 usb wire to power when loading on a wii, may require a pigtail usb wire to supply extra power when loading on vwii. Also you need the vwii compatible d2x cios installed and vwii compatible usbloader. Should work without issue, considering you have no issues.
    Yep, from what I'm hearing the Wii U doesn't like powering a USB drive.

    We can't give you any definite direction for getting your vWii hacked and USB loading happening, since it's still in beta. And we will advise against doing so at this time. However, if you do decide to do it, please let us know how it goes!

    Baby Daddy's System



  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Try loading with 222-mload on cfg and see if it works, I have a powered usb HD that only likes this setting otherwise it shutdowns when iniatilizing.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •