That is a HDD compatibility issue. Hopefully some of these issues will be resolved as newer versions of d2x cIOS are released.
Edit: You could try the regular d2x version (beta52-vWii) vs the beta53-alt-vWii version that this guide installs.
LOL...Good call, that has already happened to one of our staff lol.
Sent using the WiiHacks app. Please excuse the brevity, punctuation and spelling.
Problem solved. had to use d2x version (beta52-vWii). games load black opps 1 plays online with no error. hope this hels others.
Added troubleshooting spoiler to the guide, linking users to the vWii d2x installation guide if problems such as the one listed above present themselves.
Great guide, though I'm still a bit disappointed I can't use the same HDD from my old Wii since it isn't externally powered...one more thing to plug in I guess.
Any way, I look forward to learning more about all the aspects of the Wii U, including the vWii (I still need to know how separately it exists from the Wii U so I can know whether or not the Wii U updates will harm the vWii).
I am trying to install the HBC on the vWii of my WiiU's brother. He has installed the new firmware v2.1.3E on his WiiU.
I followed this guide on my WiiU firmware v2.1.0 and everything worked fine.
Now I am finding problems with WiiU firmware v2.1.3. Following the problems:
1) I started using an SD card (2GB) formatted in FAT32, I launch for the 1st time the game LEGO INDIANA JONES, then come back to the system menu. At this point if I access to Wii settings -> data management -> sd card O don't find anything (no data stored on sd card).Hackmii_1.1.2_IP.zip"
I remember that on my WiiU with previous firmware WiiU 2.1.0 everything worked fine.
2) in order to solve the issue n.1) I inserted the SD card on my WiiU and copied the save file LEGO indianda jones I had on my vWii internal memory on the SD card. Then I inserted the SD card into the other WiiU (the one I need to mod).
I copied on this SD card the exploit and the boot.elf (extracted from "), I started the game and loaded the last saved file....I choosed the switch to option (two silhouettes, staggered, with an arrow pointing between them) but at that point the vWii becomed blocked (permanent sound).
How can I do ?
Havent been here for a while so i wanted to check and founs this great thread.
I was unsure so im hoping someone could answer some basic questions about the softmod.
1. Is this a softmod that only affects the wii part and not the wii U part of the wii U?
2. Can you now play games from HDD on the Wii U(both wii U and wii games)
3. Can the wii U now play movies etc and have channels, wiimc like the old softmodded wii?
1) from my understanding, yesOriginally Posted by maraxion
2) Wii games yes, Wii U games no
3) I believe so, I've seen around other forums that people have gotten WiiMC working via vWii mode. Don't expect any improvements over the old Wii though as in Wii mode the system sets it's power to equal that of an old Wii...there may be a very slight upgrade in visuals however due to the HDMI cable but don't quote me on that.