If like me you are having trouble connecting to your Wifi, this manaul configuration worked for me
1. Go into connection types, then manual configuration
2. Type your SSID in
3. Select the correct security type, this obviously must be correct.
4. Type your password in
5. For ip address Do not auto obtain.
6. Open up cmd in your computer, and type in ipconfig
7. Now copy that ip address but add 10 to the last number ie: 192.168.0.1 will be 192.168.0.11
8. Next type the subnet mask as shown in the ipconfig
9. Then the default gateway again as you see it in your ipconfig.
10. Now press next, then leave DNS - Don't auto obtain.
11. For the first server put in 22.214.171.124
12. For the second server put in 126.96.36.199
13. Press next, then select no proxy
14. Leave mtu as the default setting
Great work mate.
I had troubled too and the above steps didn't fix it.
I had to log into my router, manually reserve a free (static) IP address for the MAC address of my Wii U. I then set the Wii U up as the Gaming DMZ host. Then manually set the IP as in the steps above.
Softmod 4.2U / USB Loader GX / 500 GB Western Digital My Passport Essential / Priiloader
My Wii U can connect to the internet just fine But when in Wii mode it wont connect. I've tried changing to a static IP but that didn't help. I've tried everything I can think of but still can't figure it out. Any ideas??
here) and the reason it was suggested to use a static IP was for the port forwarding. It's just easier for the layman to understand setting a static IP than trying to walk everyone through DHCP reservations on whichever make and model router they may be using.
Last edited by BabyDaddy; 02-20-2013 at 02:15 PM.