Some Noob Questions About Gecko SD
I'm looking at the various ways to backing up games and I'm quite new to the Wii modding scene. The LG Drives are too expensive, so I'm left with the WIFI method which still confuses me infinitly so I'm looking at that and maybe Gecko. So....on with thr questioning!
1) Where does it plug into? How does it connect and how does the SD card get to the Wii?
2) Because I will probably be using 1Gb or 2Gb cards, how do you back up 4.7GB of disc data?
3) Is it fast? Faster than the WIFI method?
4) Does it come with instructions?
5) Are there any other ways of obtaining backups (beside downloading, because that's what I'm avoiding, I don't want to download 4.7 GB!)
6) I was just on the Waninkoko website and I found the Wii DVD Dumper v1.2. It says that I need the CIOS (IOS249). This is the description: This application allows you to a dumper DVD GC / Wii at a device (SD Gecko, Wii SD Slot, USB Mass Storage) or by network (WiFi) using the Custom IOS (IOS249). So does this mean that all I need to do is download and install HBC, install the WAD manager by Waninkoko, install the CIOS 249 using the WAD manager, then install the homebrew application Wii DVD Dumper v1.2 and then I can dump the ISO directly to the SD card or over WIFI? I don't have to install anything else? And that I don't need this "gecko" thinggo?
I'm terribly sorry for being noobish and all but there seem to be so many things I need to know!
Thanks everyone who posts! It's really appreciated, if you see this post and you think you know a bit about this subject then PLEASE POST SOMETHING FOR ME TO READ! THX!
Last edited by jontychubbs; 12-11-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Reason: more information wanted
theres a SD card in the front
i got no clue
why wouldnt it
download scrubed games, they can be 200 mb - 3 gigs and are the same as the 4.7 games, they just remove useless data
like i said download scrubbed games =\
Originally Posted by admiral victorinox
With the last answer, do you mean that those instructions for getting Wii DVD Dumper v1.2 are correct?