Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I Spy Spooky Mansion needs update.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I Spy Spooky Mansion needs update.

    I haven't played my wii in years....Its hard and softmodded. Fw 3.4u. Since the Spooky Mansion game was only recently released I purchased it. If I update with the disk. I will lose homebrew and all of the soft mod. (which is fine) but will it effect my hard mod chip? I still want to be able to play all the old game I have which are on dvd r. What should I do?
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-15-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling error

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Us I Spy

    Quote Originally Posted by midastongue View Post
    I haven't played my wii in years....Its hard and softmodded. Fw 3.4u. Since the Spooky Mansion game was only recently released I purchased it. If I update with the disk. I will lose homebrew and all of the soft mod. (which is fine) but will it effect my hard mod chip? I still want to be able to play all the old game I have which are on dvd r. What should I do?

    Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have backed it up on my wii, 4.1U, with USB Loader GX, current, and I get a black screen. It won't load.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've tried this game with both the Verbatim DVD as well as USB Loader GX, 2.0, and cannot get it to load. With the USB Loader GX I get a black screen like smackdaddy. With the DVD I get a system error and the Wii reboots. Any ideas guys on how to get this one to work?

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sadly, the original disc wants to install an update. I thought for sure someone would have a patch for it.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by midastongue View Post
    I haven't played my wii in years....Its hard and softmodded. Fw 3.4u. Since the Spooky Mansion game was only recently released I purchased it. If I update with the disk. I will lose homebrew and all of the soft mod. (which is fine) but will it effect my hard mod chip? I still want to be able to play all the old game I have which are on dvd r. What should I do?
    If you are a hardmod user then you should know to scrub the game and remove the update partition, installing the game to usb and using a usb loader will load the game and skip reading the update partition.

    Quote Originally Posted by smackdaddyc View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas on this? I have backed it up on my wii, 4.1U, with USB Loader GX, current, and I get a black screen. It won't load.
    You need to try a different cIOS to boot the game with.

    Quote Originally Posted by smackdaddyc View Post
    Sadly, the original disc wants to install an update. I thought for sure someone would have a patch for it.
    Install Priiloader and block disc updates.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-15-2011 at 04:54 PM.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  7. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have priiloader. Didn't even think to activate the block. DOH! Thanks.

  8. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I got this game to work with it loading on 223 and forcing NTSC...Is there a guide on what CIOS one should try when they have issues loading a game?

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,509
    Thanks
    1,859
    Thanked 4,333 Times in 3,634 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Krank's got his Problematic Games thread...

  10. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    I can't get it working either

    Quote Originally Posted by deliverer View Post
    I got this game to work with it loading on 223 and forcing NTSC...Is there a guide on what CIOS one should try when they have issues loading a game?

    How did you get it to run on 223? I have both the original game and a backup, but can't get either to work. I have system 4.1u, softmodded. We do not use a usb loader. I just upgraded neogamma to r9, but the backup still gives me blank screen. And this game is not listed in the problomatic games thread.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,191
    Thanks
    2,204
    Thanked 2,574 Times in 2,010 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Can't begin to imagine why this is going on and on in the modchip section, if you are running a softmod.
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •