Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: I have a GC2-D2C what should i do now?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy I have a GC2-D2C what should i do now?

    I've just bought this Wii last week and it arrived today, is brand new from bestbuy but my serial number is LU3591052XX Okay i've searched the tracker and it gives me a GC2-D2C i don't know if i have the pins cut or not, BTW what should i do now? Open it and find out or can I buy solderless mod suchas the wasabi2 v3 i am lost i've tried to search the stuff myself but it becomes too confusing.
    My sole purpose for this is to play the back ups as i don't want to mess with the originals and wish to keep them in pristine condition because is mainly for our little girls and they have ruined several DVD's in the past (Spilled Bleech on a DVD, freesbie, cracks...)
    Thank You all for the help.
    Last edited by JBench; 10-03-2008 at 10:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yes the solderless Wasabi, D2Pro9, or D2Sun will work for you.

  3. #3
    Member Dark Mod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Trinidad W.I
    Posts
    686
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JBench View Post
    I've just bought this Wii last week and it arrived today, is brand new from bestbuy but my serial number is LU3591052XX Okay i've searched the tracker and it gives me a GC2-D2C i don't know if i have the pins cut or not, BTW what should i do now? Open it and find out or can I buy solderless mod suchas the wasabi2 v3 i am lost i've tried to search the stuff myself but it becomes too confusing.
    My sole purpose for this is to play the back ups as i don't want keep the originals in pristine condition because is mainly for our little girls and they have ruined several DVD's in the past (Spilled Bleech on a DVD)
    Thank You all for the help.
    Ok..you can get the wiizard modchip with solderless clip.....why I picked this chip for you cause the D2pro gives problems with D2C with inching laser (no update can fix it I've tried it already) wasabi are a little complicated and touchy with D2C drives (drive sometimes reject the chip) so my expereince with these two chips I'll highly recommend the wiizard with solderless wiiclip for you cause it is super stable with the D2C drives.
    Thanks everyone for the great support.
    Hope to hear from you soon, cause i'm getting ready to retire from the modding scene.
    Gonna start a new profession.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n1tro View Post
    Yes the solderless Wasabi, D2Pro9, or D2Sun will work for you.
    Thanks for the quick reply but out of the 3, which one is more compatible with the games out there, money isn't a big issue as i am ready to spend the $85 for a wasabi or D2Pro9 but heard that the later one needs more updates than my PS3 firmware (which is like every 2 weeks)... D2Sun never looked into that one...
    Really appreciate your help

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mod View Post
    Ok..you can get the wiizard modchip with solderless clip.....why I picked this chip for you cause the D2pro gives problems with D2C with inching laser (no update can fix it I've tried it already) wasabi are a little complicated and touchy with D2C drives (drive sometimes reject the chip) so my expereince with these two chips I'll highly recommend the wiizard with solderless wiiclip for you cause it is super stable with the D2C drives.
    Thank You i sure will look into that one.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Solderless D2Sun or Wiizard...we have either ones for sale. I find the D2Suns more compatible because their codes works on all systems. The Wiizard is a very good chip but I noticed it had some issues with D2E wiis where it wouldn't work. We sent off a sample of this to Wiizard team and I believe the fix is almost done.

    Jbench, if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a chip, grab the solderless D2Sun and you are set.

  7. #7
    Junior Member spiffykidd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    So I have a solderless D2Pro on the way and my Wii just happens to be D2C which was bought December 2007, why oh why? I don't want to have any issues with it [-__-]

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    320
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    The seller should have flashed your d2pro with the latest 2.3/1.6 if he wanted to avoid any issues and you returning it back to him.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by n1tro View Post
    Solderless D2Sun or Wiizard...we have either ones for sale. I find the D2Suns more compatible because their codes works on all systems. The Wiizard is a very good chip but I noticed it had some issues with D2E wiis where it wouldn't work. We sent off a sample of this to Wiizard team and I believe the fix is almost done.

    Jbench, if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a chip, grab the solderless D2Sun and you are set.
    I've checked your site n you only offer the wiizard it w/o the clip. , i think i'll go w/ the wiizard since 20 bucks is not going to matter in the long run.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •