BEWARE: Skyward Sword game breaking bug easier to catch than you think
I'm writing this because I know it would suck to have this bug ruin your game (I have so far achieved a playtime of over 40 hours), and yet I found out that the game breaking bug is more likely to happen than I thought.
So the thing is I knew about the bug way before I even started playing the game so I didn't worry too much about it, I knew (or at least thought I knew) exactly what not to do, yet somehow I ended up getting the same bug, thank God that about 10 minutes before I got the bug (no kidding) I decided to make a copy of my save game just in case, and it just saved 40 hours of my life that I wasn't planning on repeating, and it probably saved my wii from being thrown out of the window.
So, the warning says not to do this things in this order:
1. At the beginning of the quest, go to Lanayru Desert to retrieve the song of the Thunder Dragon.
2. In the Lanayru Mine, speak with Golo the Goron.
3. Complete the Thunder Dragon’s event, and receive his song.
4. Before heading to the forest or volcano regions, speak with Golo in the mine again.
5. At this point, the forest and volcano events will no longer occur, making it impossible to continue.
HOWEVER I DID THINGS IN THE ORDER SPECIFIED BELOW AND STILL GOT THE BUG:
1. At the begining of the quest, I headed to Faron Woods, but decided to land in the back of the temple instead of the Sealed Grounds because I was heading to the temple since you can't go to the woods at the moment, and that was the fastest way, therefore I didn't trigger the third fight with The Imprisoned (which requires landing specifically in the Sealed Grounds), and not knowing what else to do, I left for Eldin Volcano.
2. I instead did the Fire Dragon Song event first, everything working properly.
3. I returned once again to the back of the temple, talked to the old lady and Groose, and still nothing, since I didn't know I had to land in the Sealed Grounds, so I went back to the sky, but not before making a duplicate of my save file (which turned out to be a life saver).
4. I headed to Lanayru Desert hoping to find some clue on what to do next, so I talked to Golo and headed to Lanayru Mine thought the small tunnel which was previously blocked by him. At this point I decided not to go on, fearing the bug, so I saved on the Lanayru Mine Bird Statue and headed back to the sky.
(Now the bug was most likely triggered during this step, although I can't tell exactly at which point.
5. Tired of this sh*t, I decided to read a walkthrough, and learned that in order to trigger the Water Dragon Song event, I had to specifically land in the Sealed Grounds, which leads to a third fight with The Imprisoned, therefore allowing me to continue with the Water Dragon Song event. Now after learning this, I tried landing in the Sealed Grounds, and surprisingly the fight with the Imprisoned didn't trigger, leaving me stuck in forever.
I ran around trying everything for hours to no avail, and finally just decided to use the old copy of the save I made, immediately landed on the Sealed Grounds without even getting near the desert and the event triggered normally, which is currently where I am right now, I took a moment to write this and will continue playing right now, so I will report any other anomalies should they occur.
I appreciate anyone who takes their time reading this, I hope I helped, and also, anyone willing to confirm this glitch is more than welcome.
So basically, the point of this post is to warn you people, be VERY CAREFUL during the Song of the Hero questline, I never thought this would happen to me when I read about the bug for the first time, yet here I am. Remember, the bug can (I'll need some confirmation) be triggered by more simple and much more likely ways, so I highly recommend you to keep a copy of your saved game, it saved my game, maybe it will save yours too.