Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 121

Thread: The Ultimate Guide to Music and Dance Games

  1. #61
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Another set of USB Mic problems...

    I have a rather old Wii, hardmodded with a WiiKey chip and recently softModded as well.

    When my little girls wanted to play We Sing, Sing It Star and other karaoke type games I came here first, read up and then:
    • Followed the Softmod Guide and re-did the entire softmod last week
    • Purchased an official copy of We Sing 80's to get both mikes and have something to test with.
    • Followed this thread to get 1 mike going while using the other USB port for the HDD and USB loader


    Up to that point the excercise was a complete success. I managed to get We Sing 80's, We Sing 2, SingStar etc all working.

    And then I wanted the 2nd microphone to join in...
    • Old usb hub that I had laying around: no joy... nothing not with the official disk nor with the softmod
    • Bought a new 4-port hub and then the fun really started:
      • The official disk works, but only with the mics in ports 1 & 2 of the hub
      • The same game (we sing 80's) only works with 1 mic through softmod, and then only if that mic is in port 3 of the hub
      • We sing 2 and Sing It Star: have not been able to get either to work with any number of microphones through the new hub


    I know there is a thread on the forum about supported hubs, but none of the models are current except the logitech one that comes with the extra microphone set for We Sing.

    So... any ideas on how to proceed ?

    I would not even mind to get the set of extra We Sing microphones if I was 100% sure that the Logitech hub would work (and give me 4 working microphones) but will it ?
    Is it worth trying all kinds of different CIOS numbers with the hub, knowing that I now have a working microphone without the hub for each of my games ?

    Should I post a syscheck or details for each of the games or ... ?

    Thanks for any help you can give me,

    Eric

  2. #62
    Retired WiiHacks Staff peire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England,Liverpool (land of the scousers)
    Posts
    6,675
    Thanks
    981
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Usb hubs are tricky some are compatible some are not, I buy the cheap hubs that cost me 1pound and they work fine on the wii with the mics I have...

    Sent from my samsung galaxy note 2 using tapatalk 2
    thanks to bmarlo for this signature


  3. #63
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    What worked for me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_T View Post
    I have a rather old Wii, hardmodded with a WiiKey chip and recently softModded as well.

    When my little girls wanted to play We Sing, Sing It Star and other karaoke type games I came here first, read up and then:
    • Followed the Softmod Guide and re-did the entire softmod last week
    • Purchased an official copy of We Sing 80's to get both mikes and have something to test with.
    • Followed this thread to get 1 mike going while using the other USB port for the HDD and USB loader


    Up to that point the excercise was a complete success. I managed to get We Sing 80's, We Sing 2, SingStar etc all working.

    And then I wanted the 2nd microphone to join in...
    • Old usb hub that I had laying around: no joy... nothing not with the official disk nor with the softmod
    • Bought a new 4-port hub and then the fun really started:
      • The official disk works, but only with the mics in ports 1 & 2 of the hub
      • The same game (we sing 80's) only works with 1 mic through softmod, and then only if that mic is in port 3 of the hub
      • We sing 2 and Sing It Star: have not been able to get either to work with any number of microphones through the new hub


    I know there is a thread on the forum about supported hubs, but none of the models are current except the logitech one that comes with the extra microphone set for We Sing.

    So... any ideas on how to proceed ?

    I would not even mind to get the set of extra We Sing microphones if I was 100% sure that the Logitech hub would work (and give me 4 working microphones) but will it ?
    Is it worth trying all kinds of different CIOS numbers with the hub, knowing that I now have a working microphone without the hub for each of my games ?

    Should I post a syscheck or details for each of the games or ... ?

    Thanks for any help you can give me,

    Eric

    Hey Eric; what worked for me was loading the HERMES stuff identified in the mAGNIFICENT master guide for what cios work with what mic games. WE SING (along with everything else) started working after that. From what I can tell, MIC weirdness like you describe above all seems to stem from the incorrect cios being used. Once I followed that guide, and ADDED the HERMES items to my Sandisk card, all was well. The instructions are PERFECT, too, they really work.

    Also, I did have 2 backed-up games that still didnt' work, but from what I can tell, my computer messed up the back-ing-up of these,so I dont' think it's a Wii problem, I think it's that I have a bad back-up version. I say that because EVERYTHING else worked perfectly!
    I hope this was of SOME help, if not, please forgive my intrusion!
    JohnO

  4. #64
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for the great guide, however I'm having problems with my singing games not detecting my microphones, here is my syscheck, hopefully it will show what I am doing wrong

    Spoiler



    I am loading the games through the SD card, using configurable usb loader, I try to change the cios settings on configurable usb loader but when I try to chance cios I usually get a black screen or fails to load, I am quite new to all this and know I haven't installed something correctly.

    What program should I use to load the singing games? How do you change the base?

    Thanks

  5. #65
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by borolad View Post
    Hi Guys,

    Thanks for the great guide, however I'm having problems with my singing games not detecting my microphones, here is my syscheck, hopefully it will show what I am doing wrong

    Spoiler



    I am loading the games through the SD card, using configurable usb loader, I try to change the cios settings on configurable usb loader but when I try to chance cios I usually get a black screen or fails to load, I am quite new to all this and know I haven't installed something correctly.

    What program should I use to load the singing games? How do you change the base?

    Thanks
    you have all of the needed cios, set your loader to load the needed one for that game and be sure to hit save.

  6. #66
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Forgot to add my latest syscheck

    Spoiler


  7. #67
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,683
    Thanks
    1,883
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,675 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    There a compelling reason you felt you just had to repost this? The previous answer already advised you the cIOS was fine...

  8. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post

    Jax

  9. #68
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    There a compelling reason you felt you just had to repost this? The previous answer already advised you the cIOS was fine...
    Yes I submitted a post a few minutes prior to submitting the syscheck one... but it said it had to be approved by a moderator first, and I had forgotten to post the syscheck in that message.

    Sorry about that, in the post that is being approved I mentioned that I have tried using the recommended cIOS settings on this thread, to no avail, I have then upgraded from d2x 7 to 8, but using the wii mod 3.2 app to install it, I seem to be able to load the singing games off various cIOS settings now, which I couldn't before.

    For example we sing rock and pop settings should be cIOS 250 base 57, when I try and load it using them settings the game loads fine, but the mics arn't detected. One thing I have found is using cIOS base 251, the mics are detected at the main menu but then in game no sound is detected.

    The mics work as I have just tested them again on my we sing encore original game.

    I'm getting closer but still unsure what to do, if the syscheck looks ok, then is there anything else it could be? is configurable usb loader a good loader to use? do I need to change any other loading settings?

    Thank you for any help thus far

  10. #69
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,683
    Thanks
    1,883
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,675 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by borolad View Post
    Yes I submitted a post a few minutes prior to submitting the syscheck one... but it said it had to be approved by a moderator first, and I had forgotten to post the syscheck in that message.
    I'm talking about #64 and the reply in #65 --- but hey, if you feel that's apples and oranges... (which it isn't).

  11. #70
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    I'm talking about #64 and the reply in #65 --- but hey, if you feel that's apples and oranges... (which it isn't).
    Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •