Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 570 of 635

Thread: Metroid: The Other M - Working Here

  1. #561
    New Member dark_prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Port-au-Prince, Haiti
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi can anyone help me with this ? Like a lot of people the game kept freezing at the "baby cry" cut scene. I followed the infos here, downloaded ios 223 and i got through it but know it freezes again in the cut scene right after u defeat the "first boss" (the purple thing with the middle eye). Adam asks for ur help thren there's a cut scene, mine just freezes. Has anyone experienced the same issue ? Any suggestion would help.

    Softmod US wii ver 4.2 / USB Loader GX / NeoGamma

  2. #562
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_prince View Post
    Hi can anyone help me with this ? Like a lot of people the game kept freezing at the "baby cry" cut scene. I followed the infos here, downloaded ios 223 and i got through it but know it freezes again in the cut scene right after u defeat the "first boss" (the purple thing with the middle eye). Adam asks for ur help thren there's a cut scene, mine just freezes. Has anyone experienced the same issue ? Any suggestion would help.

    Softmod US wii ver 4.2 / USB Loader GX / NeoGamma
    Get past it with your retail copy and save your game. You can then use your backup again.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #563
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Between your legs.
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy "Secure your strap" screen then "the disc could not be read" message.

    I followed everything, and then I got the error 1167, so I search in the forums and get to the error index, and see that I have to download cIOS38rev17+ and so I did.

    I FINALLY overcame that error, and the games starts, I get the "Secure your strap thing into your hand so you don't destroy ur TV" message screen, then it fade to black as normally but then the screen is black for a couple of seconds, the disc stops, and then it says that the Disc could not be read, check operation manual and stuff. What should I do now? I'm using a backup disc because my two little brothers destroy every disc they see, so I have the original game disc locked in my mom's archiver because its the only safe place for it, lol.

    Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to be as precise as I could.

    Thanks in advance.

  4. #564
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by seankay View Post
    I followed everything, and then I got the error 1167, so I search in the forums and get to the error index, and see that I have to download cIOS38rev17+ and so I did.

    I FINALLY overcame that error, and the games starts, I get the "Secure your strap thing into your hand so you don't destroy ur TV" message screen, then it fade to black as normally but then the screen is black for a couple of seconds, the disc stops, and then it says that the Disc could not be read, check operation manual and stuff. What should I do now? I'm using a backup disc because my two little brothers destroy every disc they see, so I have the original game disc locked in my mom's archiver because its the only safe place for it, lol.

    Sorry for the wall of text but I wanted to be as precise as I could.

    Thanks in advance.
    Someone else may have a suggestion for you but it sounds like a bad burn/dump of the image. Try again with quality media with IMG burn at 4x.

    I suggest using your retail disc to rip the game to a hardrive and play it from that (if possible).

    Oh and that's not a wall of text compared to what some people write
    Damn I suck!!!!

  5. #565
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Between your legs.
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Someone else may have a suggestion for you but it sounds like a bad burn/dump of the image. Try again with quality media with IMG burn at 4x.

    I suggest using your retail disc to rip the game to a hardrive and play it from that (if possible).

    Oh and that's not a wall of text compared to what some people write
    Thanks for the reply.

    But the game is burned with IMG burn at 4x. And sadly I don't have any hard drives .

  6. #566
    New Member Shadowzora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Here is my set up, I played M.o.m Beginning to end, With no issues!!

    Wiiflow v2.2 r304 IOS 222 base

    (I could not get any other loader to install or play the game without errors or freezes. I tried them all,this does not imply that they don't work I just could not get them to )

    Using a Seagate FreeAgent GO 500g HDD

    My system check:



    Spoiler



    This was a re-mod of my 4.2u using the Guide: "Softmod ANY wii" Done by: mauifrog
    (awesome Guide)
    ( so I have some IOSs and Stubs that wont be there if you were to do a Virgin Wii, and I did the optional 4.1u downgrade)


    I hope this comes to some help to someone.
    Last edited by Shadowzora; 01-02-2011 at 04:42 PM.

  7. #567
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Finally Working!!

    I must have ripped my retail version 3 times, uninstalled and reinstalled 222/223 V4 multiple times but all to no avail!

    I had the same problem with Monster Hunter Tri awhile back so I decided to give the ios below a shot. Finally, the suspenseful anticipation of freezing after 'baby's cry' (oh the dreaded wait) was finally no more!! Also, did not have to force NTSC or any other special settings.

    This worked cIOSX_rev19, using base 37. I know not supported but nothing else worked for me. Get it here. It is a .dol file so maker sure to rename it 'boot.dol' and place in apps folder. Install guide below.

    1. Create a new folder in your apps folder named "cIOSX_rev19-Installer"
    2. Extract/Copy contents of download into folder
    3. rename "cIOSX_rev19-Installer.dol" to "boot.dol"

    To Install:
    1. Open cIOSX_rev19-Installer with Homebrew
    2. Use IOS249 during installation
    3. A to agree to disclaimer
    4. Select IOS37 v3869 then press A
    5. Install using network connection. If offline can get IOS37 here.


    My softmod @4.1U using WiiFlow 2.2 for usb (222 as default).

    The external hardrive is a Western Digital WD Elements 1 TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive WDBAAU0010HBK-NESN.

    Hope this helps for some of you!!
    Last edited by jhengis; 01-01-2011 at 12:41 PM.

  8. #568
    New Member Shadowzora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just a word of caution in using cIOSX_rev19 it is not the most stable one to use. although it may work for M.o.m and others, it may cause issues with other things. as it states in the link.

    Test Results:

    • Metroid Prime Trilogy works again without disc error
    • New Super Mario Bros. Wii working again
    • TriiForce seems to succeed again
    • SDHC support is back
    • WAD installation only works with IOS38 as base
    • NAND dumping only works from IOS38 [unconfirmed]

    I'm not saying not to do this Just be careful.

  9. #569
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Okay well I have 4.3 Maui softmod and herd that it has germs working ios222 ready for metro other m working but I still can't get it to work I use usbloader gx not the Cfg loader my little sister finds it easer to use I have my external hard drive formated to Ebro format help?

  10. #570
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by artofdying9 View Post
    Okay well I have 4.3 Maui softmod and herd that it has germs working ios222 ready for metro other m working but I still can't get it to work I use usbloader gx not the Cfg loader my little sister finds it easer to use I have my external hard drive formated to Ebro format help?
    You won't get much to work with GX. Besides, it has been known to cause full bricks. There was another one reported just a few days ago.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  11. 1 User Says Thank You JoostinOnline For This Useful Post


Page 57 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •