Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: New Super Mario Bros won't work, tried every method, read guide...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Angry New Super Mario Bros won't work, tried every method, read guide...

    I have a 3.2u version console. I installed IOS53-v5406. I also have a D2CKey installed and can run any backup no problem.

    I have Waninkoko's IOS 249 version 14 installed as well.

    Whenever I try to launch NSMB either though the Disc Channel, or off of USB using Gecko OS (on disc), NeoGamma R8Beta7 (both disc and USB), Waninkoko's USB Loader, or USB Loader GX, I get the same following error message on a black screen:

    "An error has occurred,
    Press the Eject button, remove the
    Game Disc, and turn off the power to
    the console.
    Please read the Wii Operations Manual
    for further instructions."

    Waninkoko's USB loader gives me error #002, but I when I use USB Loader GX, I turn on error #002 correction, but it still gives me that error message in quotes. When I insert the CD I can see the animation in the disc channel, and the loaders detect it on my USB drive. When I load the game using either method, a black screen appears for about 5 seconds, and then I just keep getting that error.

    I used WBFS Manager 3.0 to format and install the game onto my USB Drive. I also tried installing it onto the drive using Waninkoko's USB Loader, but to no avail. Still get the error.

    And I missing some other IOS this game needs? Do I need to be running the latest system menu for this to work? I feel I am a pretty proficient techy, but the solution to this problem is escaping me.

  2. #2
    Junior Member camson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the valleys of wales
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    are you using the patched version?

  3. 1 User Says Thank You camson For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by camson View Post
    are you using the patched version?
    Wow, you don't know how powerful that suggestion was. I used a patched version, and it worked first try... I am beating myself to death over 2 wasted days.

    I thought the iND release would still work without being patched, but I guess not... Note to other people, use the patched version!

    Thanks again!

  5. #4
    Junior Member camson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the valleys of wales
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    glad to help

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhofmann View Post
    Wow, you don't know how powerful that suggestion was. I used a patched version, and it worked first try... I am beating myself to death over 2 wasted days.

    I thought the iND release would still work without being patched, but I guess not... Note to other people, use the patched version!

    Thanks again!
    so when your thread title said you had read the guide, the truth is you hadnt even looked at the guide? because if you had, you wouldnt have needed to make this thread, would you?

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    so when your thread title said you had read the guide, the truth is you hadnt even looked at the guide? because if you had, you wouldnt have needed to make this thread, would you?
    Wow, what an **shole you are being tonight, you presumptious... well, I won't go there. I think you are a well intentioned person, probably just having a bad night. However, go get off your high horse and re-read your own guide. According to your guide, you don't need a patched version:

    You say, and I quote:

    "To get this working you need:
    a Pre-patched copy of the game
    Or
    The unpatched (old) release by IND (or any other unpatched release)"


    and then say...

    "For USB-Loader Users:
    -Install IOS53-v5406
    -Try NeoGamma R8Beta7 or OpenWiiFlow, which both should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks to WiiPower!)"


    and also say...

    "ModChip Users:
    -Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!)
    "


    Well, let's see, I have a modchip (ok, so your guide says I can use unpatched if I use NeoGamma) and I have a USB (which you guide says I can use unpatched if I have that particular IOS installed). Maybe you should learn how to right a f*cking guide before insulting people.

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhofmann View Post
    Wow, what an **shole you are being tonight, you presumptious... well, I won't go there. I think you are a well intentioned person, probably just having a bad night. However, go get off your high horse and re-read your own guide. According to your guide, you don't need a patched version:

    You say, and I quote:

    "To get this working you need:
    a Pre-patched copy of the game
    Or
    The unpatched (old) release by IND (or any other unpatched release)"


    and then say...

    "For USB-Loader Users:
    -Install IOS53-v5406
    -Try NeoGamma R8Beta7 or OpenWiiFlow, which both should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks to WiiPower!)"


    and also say...

    "ModChip Users:
    -Try NeoGamma R8Beta7, which should be able to run the Game without any patches needed (Thanks WiiPower!)
    "


    Well, let's see, I have a modchip (ok, so your guide says I can use unpatched if I use NeoGamma) and I have a USB (which you guide says I can use unpatched if I have that particular IOS installed). Maybe you should learn how to right a f*cking guide before insulting people.
    ok, next time, you work it out for yourself, i wont bother trying to help.......


    IF you had read, ALL of the guide, you would have seen mention of the fact that some people still have problems running it unpatched. IF you had taken the time to read through the replies, you would see that people have had problems with the unpatched version, and hav efixed it by using the patched version. Sorry, i cant be held responsible for your laziness.....

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had the same problem as you dhofmann. I downloaded the unpatched PAL version.

    My setup:

    Wii d2c2 modded with d2pro
    3.2 firmware
    waninkoko's IOS 38 rev 13 (because rev 14 gives me problems with my usb loader)

    I used configurable usb loader with defaults settings except for "FORCED NTSC" and "002 fix". Hope this helps.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You sealion For This Useful Post


  11. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    ok, next time, you work it out for yourself, i wont bother trying to help.......


    IF you had read, ALL of the guide, you would have seen mention of the fact that some people still have problems running it unpatched. IF you had taken the time to read through the replies, you would see that people have had problems with the unpatched version, and hav efixed it by using the patched version. Sorry, i cant be held responsible for your laziness.....
    I like how you still attack me. But see, you still lose because you failed to update your guide and instead force users to read through 33 pages of posts by random people. Normally you place confidence in the initial guide. I see you have these things called updates. You updated the guide. And in the updates you state multiple times you can use an unpatched version. Update the damn guide to remove that fact or state a warning.

    Now you're telling me to read everyone's post (which I tried to do, but 33 pages is a lot, especially since i read other sites, not just this one) to discover this major issue? So, stop being lazy, and go update your guide, since its blatantly wrong -- because I followed it, and you wasted my time by not stating "UPDATE: If having any trouble, please use the patched version, many people are having issues".

    Hopefully I have just helped tons of people over the glaring omision in your "guide"

  12. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sealion View Post
    I had the same problem as you dhofmann. I downloaded the unpatched PAL version.

    My setup:

    Wii d2c2 modded with d2pro
    3.2 firmware
    waninkoko's IOS 38 rev 13 (because rev 14 gives me problems with my usb loader)

    I used configurable usb loader with defaults settings except for "FORCED NTSC" and "002 fix". Hope this helps.
    Thanks Sealion. I got it to work pretty flawlessly once I used the patched version. I appreciate the help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •