Page 202 of 226 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 2254

Thread: [GUIDE] New Super Mario Bros.

  1. #2011
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    WORKS!!
    (Disk loading)
    needed to point out that I got the game playing.
    Heres what I did:
    got a clean/untouched ISO
    and patched it with "Soft Mod Disc Loading"
    Burned at 2x with ImgBurn on Sony DVD-r
    loaded through NeoGamma Rev7
    firmware v4.1u

    *no problems at all
    *when I go back and find the person to mention it, Ill give thanks!

  2. #2012
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i couldn't not get it to work at all with this guide, so i did this use CFG-Loader and the Alt.dol Trick (rename the fixed main.dol to SMNP.dol and place it under /usb-loader/. Then select in CFG-Loader Alt.dol from SD and play the game)

    works good now with no black screens.
    on my wii firmware 3.2u.no need to update to v4.1u.

  3. #2013
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Luton, United Kingdom
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atoddvr6 View Post
    I have the game installed on a usb hard drive. How would a stick be better/different?

    Let me clarify: NSMB works great when I load it from usbloader gx. I created a channel for NSMB with Loadstructor but when I load the game using the channel instead of usbloader (one less step is always good), the game crashes. I know the problem has to be the settings in Loadstructor because both the channel and usbloader gx are loading the same game file from my usb hard drive. I need to know what settings to use in Loadstructor to make NSMB work. Can anyone help me? You can refer to the pic from the previous page. I hope that makes better sense.
    To get nsmb working all you need is 1 latest version of usbloader gx 2 rev 14,15,17 ios 249 or hermes 222/223. In gx settings set video mode to auto patch, 002 fix to anti and leave disc dol default . Remember if u use ocorina the game might crash. I have got all the way to wourld 8 with no probs
    hope ive helped hit the thanks button

  4. #2014
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottieboysname View Post
    The game loads fine, plays fine....but freezes every single time I get to level 1-2.

    I can play 1-1 fine, but as soon as it shows how many lives I have left and tries to load 1-2.....it's a no go.
    I had a similar issue. The hard drive would spin down while I played. If I did something that would require the drive to be accessed again (dying or finishing a level), it would freeze. I put it on a USB stick and it was fine. I tried a different hard drive and the problem went away.

    But...

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmatt View Post
    OK I have a problem now...

    The game did work via USB loader. I updated to CIOS 38r17.

    The game gets to the screen that tells you to hold the joypad sidewards, then goes to a black screen.

    I reverted back to CIOS 38r14 which it worked fine on but this still happens.

    Will this be resolved if i patch the game?
    Patching shouldn't matter. It worked before. I have the same thing happening here now, except it just hangs at the "remote sideways" screen. It used to have something like "Press 2 to continue" and I could get into the game just fine, but now it's stuck on that screen with no option to "Press 2".

    I've redone all the steps as best as I can remember doing them the first time, and still no luck. So far, no other games seem to be affected. The ones that ran OK before still do, and the ones I never figured out still don't work.

    Does anyone have any idea how to get it to not get stuck on the "Hold the Wii Remote sideways" screen?

  5. #2015
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    I have the same thing happening here now, except it just hangs at the "remote sideways" screen. It used to have something like "Press 2 to continue" and I could get into the game just fine, but now it's stuck on that screen with no option to "Press 2".

    I've redone all the steps as best as I can remember doing them the first time, and still no luck. So far, no other games seem to be affected. The ones that ran OK before still do, and the ones I never figured out still don't work.

    Does anyone have any idea how to get it to not get stuck on the "Hold the Wii Remote sideways" screen?
    Never mind. Something went batty on my WBFS partition. I copied the exact same disc image for NSMB back over to the WBFS drive and it works fine. I'm going to stick with FAT32 for now. This way the files are visible in Windows without any extra software.

    albertbert explains it very well in this thread

  6. #2016
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question

    I got new super mario for the wii, but an error 002 came up. whats weird is that this disc wasnt burnt, it was a regular game!!! then i burnt it and i got error 002 again. so i did the error 002 fix for mario bros, and a new error came up. this one said 'an error has occured' please eject the disc but i wasn't even using a disc. it was from usb loader. can someone help me with this

  7. #2017
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Patching/Fixing the ISO:

    Hi..I did all as the instructions said but came up as a black screen..I will try again I guess but have a question..why all the things about scrubbing, dol etc...? I found the new address where the Hex values, needed to be changed (1E2AA003) ,and using a fresh ISO and Hex editor..changed them. I burned but to a R/W this time and it played but only for about 20 min when the "error' came up and froze. I assume that 4e 80 00 20 is not working for me..?? Thanks..

  8. #2018
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Richtoo View Post
    Hi..I did all as the instructions said but came up as a black screen..I will try again I guess but have a question..why all the things about scrubbing, dol etc...? I found the new address where the Hex values, needed to be changed (1E2AA003) ,and using a fresh ISO and Hex editor..changed them. I burned but to a R/W this time and it played but only for about 20 min when the "error' came up and froze. I assume that 4e 80 00 20 is not working for me..?? Thanks..
    you dont need to hex edit anything (you at the wrong offset anyway), just read a couple of posts above you, latest loader, clean copy, plays fine.

  9. #2019
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Hey i FINALLY got this game to work. i must have missed a step when i originally tried patching the iso, cuz i redid that and burned it, then played for an hour and a half with no problems. i guess it pays to read things CAREFULLY! Thanks to aimeerob12 and especially to nightstah for your patience and help.

  10. #2020
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    you dont need to hex edit anything (you at the wrong offset anyway), just read a couple of posts above you, latest loader, clean copy, plays fine.
    "Don't need to hex anything, you are at the wrong offset anyway" ??

    I just meant I found on the snmb clean iso at offset I quoted the same 94 21 ff d0 as stated I should fine on the Main DOL per instructions...just changed the Hex numbers on the clean ISO (NTST) instead of the offset 0x001ab610 on the on the main dol..figured it would work..and did for a while

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •