Page 103 of 226 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2254

Thread: [GUIDE] New Super Mario Bros.

  1. #1021
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,193
    Thanks
    2,206
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by LesPaul View Post
    I tried another SD card reader first, but it didn't work. Can't find a picture but it had a "wire"
    although you have found a solution it still doesn't solve the question of why it was happening in the first place. trying all different types of sd cards and usb devices with different games in different loaders. this only rarely occurs so i would still like to know why and hopefully there are no other related issues in the future.

  2. #1022
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
    kidsat: Nintendo is slick. I bought the NSMB Wii game and used SuperDump to dump bin files to my usb hard drive in 30 minutes. Cool. Assembled it on my computer into one iso file. So far so good. Burnt that iso file using img burn. Hooray, I have a backup DVD. Okay time to play. Stick DVD into the Wii and it says I have to update my Wii. I'm already at 4.1 so I say sure. Now I can go ahead and start the game. Sounds reasonable right.

    Okay. I play the game and watch the intro. I get past level 1-1 and hit quick save cause I have to do something else. Black error screen and the game crashed. No biggie right, I'm busy so I'll play later in 2 hours. So I replay 1-1 and moved on to 1-2. Somewhere midway, crash (black error screen). Okay this is annoying. Played again and within 3-7 minutes, crash (black error screen). Read up on it and guess what, Nintendo has a brand new protection. So that's when the pain starts...

  3. 1 User Says Thank You jtan0980 For This Useful Post


  4. #1023
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    45
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtan0980 View Post
    gazzaman5: 4.1 or lower should work. Try to install IOS53-64-v5406.wad too. Did you try to use the USB loader and get it working?
    I've already installed IOS53-64-v5406.wad , not trying to run through USB loader - from disc my Wii is hardmodded and partially softmodded ( HBC, Gecko 1.93 also got Neogamma on SD card but dont work as I can't install a cIOS - tried to install one using cIOS38rev14 but fails during installing so Neogamma always says it has no cIOS )

  5. #1024
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtan0980 View Post
    kidsat: Nintendo is slick. I bought the NSMB Wii game and used SuperDump to dump bin files to my usb hard drive in 30 minutes. Cool. Assembled it on my computer into one iso file. So far so good. Burnt that iso file using img burn. Hooray, I have a backup DVD. Okay time to play. Stick DVD into the Wii and it says I have to update my Wii. I'm already at 4.1 so I say sure. Now I can go ahead and start the game. Sounds reasonable right.

    Okay. I play the game and watch the intro. I get past level 1-1 and hit quick save cause I have to do something else. Black error screen and the game crashed. No biggie right, I'm busy so I'll play later in 2 hours. So I replay 1-1 and moved on to 1-2. Somewhere midway, crash (black error screen). Okay this is annoying. Played again and within 3-7 minutes, crash (black error screen). Read up on it and guess what, Nintendo has a brand new protection. So that's when the pain starts...
    Why not play the original you bought?

  6. #1025
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, i;ve read a few ppl having problems with the bat file and nobody has responded so i'm gonna just throw it out there again to see if anyone can help

    soft mod disc method:
    I changed the original iso name,
    ran the bat file,
    the patch then took about 10minutes but when it was down the new iso is 0 bytes. any ideas? i'm using vista

  7. #1026
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post

    I am pumped that the new way of patching the NSMB iso is out, but I still have a few questions (refer to my specs below):

    Do I still need to install IOS53-64-v5406.wad?

    I also saw something about updating IOS60...

    What would you recommend? Is there any point in me updating from 4.0 to 4.1 using Waninkoko's safe updater?

    Sorry for so many questions....

    ________________
    System Menu 4.0U
    HBC
    USB Loader GX
    CIOS38_rev14

  8. #1027
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
    gazzaman5: without cIOS38rev14, you can't do much. Try to get that fixed.
    You need to be able to used Dop-ios v8 to trucha enable IOS 53 for NSMB and IOS 60 for 4.1 or IOS 70 for 4.2. I'm not in front of my wii so I don't know which IOS the other system menu uses but DOP-IOS will let you know that.

    As a test, you should get an unpatched NSMB and see if that runs. It should start but crash within 3-7 minutes. If that works, it's definitely not the iso. Next patch it and see if that works. If it crashes then your wii is either missing a hack or it may not be patched correctly. But we can go from there.

    If you can't get an unpatched NSMB, try to put in on a WFBS hard drive and use a USB loader. This is to verify you got a good patched NSMB. If the patched game doesn't load in a USB loader, it's a bad iso and won't load as a DVD in the Disc channel either.

  9. 2 Users Say Thank You to jtan0980 For This Useful Post


  10. #1028
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajahten View Post
    Why not play the original you bought?
    Because I had to re-buy 1 game cause my family member scratched it up very badly. I figured I'll backup my whole collection so I can simply reburn it if it ever happens again. I do run games from a 100 GB hard drive but I constantly have to delete old and re-add new games cause it's always full. It's nice to be able to run the game through the disc channel if it's not on my hard drive. Yea I could buy a bigger hard drive but that's a different issue.

    BTW, it took 3 days to get it to work through the disc channel. What did I do when I got frustrated? Played my legit NSMB for a bit and then try to hack again

  11. 1 User Says Thank You jtan0980 For This Useful Post


  12. #1029
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bckid34 View Post
    I am pumped that the new way of patching the NSMB iso is out, but I still have a few questions (refer to my specs below):

    Do I still need to install IOS53-64-v5406.wad?

    I also saw something about updating IOS60...

    What would you recommend? Is there any point in me updating from 4.0 to 4.1 using Waninkoko's safe updater?

    Sorry for so many questions....

    ________________
    System Menu 4.0U
    HBC
    USB Loader GX
    CIOS38_rev14
    It depends on how do you want to play it. Through a USB loader or through the Disc Channel. In order to use the Disc channel, you need a hardware mod as well.

    Through a usb loader, follow the guide on page 1. If you replace main.dol on a NTSC NSMB with WiiScrubber and it doesn' work, try this one http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4B1SNBU2.
    Last edited by jtan0980; 11-20-2009 at 12:13 PM.

  13. 3 Users Say Thank You to jtan0980 For This Useful Post


  14. #1030
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 36 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JediJew View Post
    Hello, i;ve read a few ppl having problems with the bat file and nobody has responded so i'm gonna just throw it out there again to see if anyone can help

    soft mod disc method:
    I changed the original iso name,
    ran the bat file,
    the patch then took about 10minutes but when it was down the new iso is 0 bytes. any ideas? i'm using vista
    I wasn't able to get the bat file to run either. Try the WiiScrubber method. If you have the US retail iso of the game, use this main.dol instead MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service. Otherwise, use the one on page 1 of this guide.

  15. 3 Users Say Thank You to jtan0980 For This Useful Post


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •