Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How to browse WBFS drive?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    How to browse WBFS drive?

    I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to move games on and off of my HDD no problem.
    What I want to do is be able to browse the HDD just like you would a HDD in windows.
    I tried WiiXplorer, but won't access my HDD, only the SD card.
    So is there a Wii or Windows app that can browse the WBFS drive?

    Just for background, the reason I want to browse the drive is because I think I need to delete something.
    I moved an ISO over using WBFS Manager, but I think it was a GCN ISO not a Wii ISO.
    So now it doesn't show up in the list of games to delete, but it did transfer over.
    The ISO was [Wii]Mario_MULTi_ROM_Package[PAL_NTSC][WIISOS.com] for anyone wondering.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by toNkaoid View Post
    I use WBFS Manager 3.0 to move games on and off of my HDD no problem.
    What I want to do is be able to browse the HDD just like you would a HDD in windows.
    I tried WiiXplorer, but won't access my HDD, only the SD card.
    So is there a Wii or Windows app that can browse the WBFS drive?

    Just for background, the reason I want to browse the drive is because I think I need to delete something.
    I moved an ISO over using WBFS Manager, but I think it was a GCN ISO not a Wii ISO.
    So now it doesn't show up in the list of games to delete, but it did transfer over.
    The ISO was [Wii]Mario_MULTi_ROM_Package[PAL_NTSC][WIISOS.com] for anyone wondering.
    I dont think there is an app like that. you can now load off a fat32 drive and read it like any other windows drive(for future if your interested).

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    DOH!
    No app?
    Some one needs to make one.
    I saw a WBFS Driiv driver floating around but wasn't sure if that was real.
    I don't want to use FAT, I like WBFS.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Ya I could be wrong about the app but I have yet to find one. Is the thing you installed by accident causing you any problems or do you just want it off the drive?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Try this WBFS tool http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-s...-released.html

    I'm not saying it will do what you want it to, but it's worth a try.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 02-06-2010 at 12:17 PM.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    I wasn't aware that tool let you browse the WBFS drive. Thanks, I'll check it out.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    Ya I could be wrong about the app but I have yet to find one. Is the thing you installed by accident causing you any problems or do you just want it off the drive?
    It's not causing any problems, just wasting space.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Try this WBFS tool http://www.wiihacks.com/wii-custom-s...-released.html

    I'm not saying it will do what you want it to, but it's worth a try.
    I don't think that will do what I'm looking for, but I'll check it out because it looks cool.


    BTW, here's some screen shots of the Wii Driiv driver.





    I'm running W7x64 and this driver looks like it only supports x86.

    I attached the files to this post if anyone else wants to check it out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. 1 User Says Thank You toNkaoid For This Useful Post


  9. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    I was just about to post a link to the GBAtemp thread - WBFSDriive - GBAtemp.net

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Stomp_442 For This Useful Post


  11. #9
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by toNkaoid View Post
    It's not causing any problems, just wasting space.



    I don't think that will do what I'm looking for, but I'll check it out because it looks cool.


    BTW, here's some screen shots of the Wii Driiv driver.





    I'm running W7x64 and this driver looks like it only supports x86.

    I attached the files to this post if anyone else wants to check it out.
    Heres the x64 version http://dokan-dev.net/wp-content/uplo...0401223x64.zip

  12. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Dokan x64 no problem, but I don't think the driver itself is x64 compatible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •