Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 76

Thread: Installing the iPlayer WAD on Wii 4.2U

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Personally I'm running a PAL Wii, but the issue turned out to be that the WAD wasn't signed, nothing to do with the region. You might want to download show mii wads and change the region flag to NTSC-U before installing it, not too sure what this changes but it might help.

  2. #22
    New Member da_letter_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    Glad some others are on board.

    So I've downloaded each of your WADs. Now, before I give this another go:
    1) Have you got this installed and working on your non-PAL Wii?
    2) Are there any special instructions that I'll need to follow to get it to work?

    TA
    1. It only has the PAL video mode on it, so you'll have to force it to run in PAL. gecko 1.9.3 can do this. change the config so that it forces PAL, then launch the channel. Make sure your TV can support PAL too. Most TVs these days can support both NTSC and PAL.
    2. Nope, just install the wad via wad manager, and launch via Gecko to force PAL video mode.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by da_letter_a View Post
    1. It only has the PAL video mode on it, so you'll have to force it to run in PAL. gecko 1.9.3 can do this. change the config so that it forces PAL, then launch the channel. Make sure your TV can support PAL too. Most TVs these days can support both NTSC and PAL.
    2. Nope, just install the wad via wad manager, and launch via Gecko to force PAL video mode.
    A bit better results this time. Again following the guide here ( http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html ), after it was completed I was able to load the {Fake Signature} WAD, and, surprise, it installed! Rebooted the wii, and the iPlayer was right there on the sys menu. Perfect! I thought. However, when running the iPlayer, the Wii hardlocks. I've gone from scratch twice now with this wad (as it's the only one that installs), and still I cannot get around the hard lock. :-/

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Tried both Wads on my NTSC Wii but I'm getting Error 1020

  5. #25
    New Member da_letter_a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    57
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 116 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    A bit better results this time. Again following the guide here ( http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...y-4-2-wii.html ), after it was completed I was able to load the {Fake Signature} WAD, and, surprise, it installed! Rebooted the wii, and the iPlayer was right there on the sys menu. Perfect! I thought. However, when running the iPlayer, the Wii hardlocks. I've gone from scratch twice now with this wad (as it's the only one that installs), and still I cannot get around the hard lock. :-/

    Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Try to load it via the latest Gecko OS (v1.9.3), go to config, force video mode PAL, then save settings, then go to Load Channel, and load the iPlayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondGeezer View Post
    Tried both Wads on my NTSC Wii but I'm getting Error 1020
    Strange.. the fake ticket one should install fine. Try redownloading it from my link I posted earlier, and install that one. It's named:
    BBC iPlayer (RF) {Fake Ticket}.wad

  6. 1 User Says Thank You da_letter_a For This Useful Post


  7. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thanks so much for the info, the BBC iPlayer (RF) [HCJP01] {Fake Ticket}.wad worked for me, it is playing now So pleased I came across this.

    I used wad manager to it installed no problem, the other wad didn't work (error 1022 I think). My version is 3.4E if any use to others.

  8. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Big thanks to da_letter_a for his postings here and in the previous forum.
    My problem was that when I tried to run the Shopping Channel nothing would happen just a blank screen.
    The only reason I wanted this was to get the iPlayer.
    Tried installing numerous iplayer wad files and all of them were giving me the -1020 error that many others seem to be getting.
    Downloaded the wad that da_letter posted in the previos forum (BBC iPlayer (RF) {Fake Ticket}.wad ) ran this and Hey Presto !!!
    iPlayer now working great - I'm listening to Kermodes film review right now.
    Thanks again this problem had annoyed me for ages.

    btw I have vers 4.1E UK

  9. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a hacked 4.2U NTSC Wii in the UK and I have been able to get numerous iPlayer wads to install fine. However, no matter what I do I can't get it to do anything except black screen on starting the channel. I have forced both Pal 50 and 60 using Gecko and started the channel both direct from it and the system menu following a reboot but it makes no difference at all.

    Any suggestions?

  10. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pags View Post
    I have a hacked 4.2U NTSC Wii in the UK and I have been able to get numerous iPlayer wads to install fine. However, no matter what I do I can't get it to do anything except black screen on starting the channel. I have forced both Pal 50 and 60 using Gecko and started the channel both direct from it and the system menu following a reboot but it makes no difference at all.

    Any suggestions?
    I have a 4.1U NTSC Wii in the UK & just installed the patched wad & had the same problem as you. I then tried changing the video output to pal using anyregion changer & it works fine.

    Dave

  11. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pags View Post
    I have a hacked 4.2U NTSC Wii in the UK and I have been able to get numerous iPlayer wads to install fine. However, no matter what I do I can't get it to do anything except black screen on starting the channel. I have forced both Pal 50 and 60 using Gecko and started the channel both direct from it and the system menu following a reboot but it makes no difference at all.

    Any suggestions?
    I'm getting the same result as you are.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •