Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: About the new patch for the nintendo shop

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    About the new patch for the nintendo shop

    Any probleme related for the update ? Mine is a 4.2 downgraded and Hijacked with banner bomb. Its the little update info, it say, any Add programe or stuff on your will will be deleted. ( they are talking about my HBC ? )

    That mean if I want to update to get the Shop I need to redo all the softmod again....... ???

  2. #2
    New Member PPSainity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zeddex View Post
    Any probleme related for the update ? Mine is a 4.2 downgraded and Hijacked with banner bomb. Its the little update info, it say, any Add programe or stuff on your will will be deleted. ( they are talking about my HBC ? )

    That mean if I want to update to get the Shop I need to redo all the softmod again....... ???
    If you're referring to the October 20, 2009 Wii Shop Update, do not update using Nintendo's method!!!!

    The update allows the "one free download" of a NES game worth 500 Wii points for those who had previously paid for the Wii Internet Channel. To get back on the Wii Shop Channel I just downloaded the new Wii Internet Channel Version 18 as a WAD using NUSD, and installed it using Wad Manager. My Wii is a softmodded 3.2 upgraded using the "safe" upgraders to 4.2.

    You should not need to update anything else if your Wii is softmodded at 4.2 already. I checked Wiimpersonator, and it only said that the Wii Channel was updated, and not IOS61 or anything else.

    Hope that helps you out.

    -[]D

    ***As soon as I wrote this I just found out that Marcmax just updated the Wii Shop and IOS51 installer, so you can just use that to update the Wii Shop Channel***
    Last edited by PPSainity; 10-21-2009 at 11:07 AM. Reason: New Info

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Well I am on safeupdate 4.2E, shop worked ok yesterday - now it dont.
    I have downloaded NUSD and sorted out the common key, the certs - now what ?

    '***As soon as I wrote this I just found out that Marcmax just updated the Wii Shop and IOS51 installer, so you can just use that to update the Wii Shop Channel*** '

    what did he do again ?

  4. #4
    New Member PPSainity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Umpa View Post
    Well I am on safeupdate 4.2E, shop worked ok yesterday - now it dont.
    I have downloaded NUSD and sorted out the common key, the certs - now what ?

    '***As soon as I wrote this I just found out that Marcmax just updated the Wii Shop and IOS51 installer, so you can just use that to update the Wii Shop Channel*** '

    what did he do again ?
    Don't worry about using NUSD. Just download the updated Wii Shop and IOS51 installer from here and use it to update your Wii Shop Channel.



    If you really, really want to use NUSD instead, here's how:

    -Start NUSD, if it's the first time using it, it will generate a certificate for you, just restart NUSD and continue.
    -With NUSD open click on the Database... button on the top right and follow through to System -> Shopping Channel -> YOUR Wii's REGION -> Latest.
    -For some reason, V17 gets downloaded as the latest, so type in 18 in the version box to the right of the Title ID box up top.
    -Then just make sure that Pack -> WAD box is checked and click Start NUS Download.
    -A folder will be created in the NUSD install folder which contains Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad.
    -Just copy that to the WAD folder on your SD card, insert it into your Wii and use your favorite WAD manager to install it.
    -Have a Beer, (Root Beer if under age)

    -[]D
    Last edited by PPSainity; 10-21-2009 at 12:42 PM.

  5. 1 User Says Thank You PPSainity For This Useful Post


  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PPSainity View Post
    Don't worry about using NUSD. Just download the updated Wii Shop and IOS51 installer from here and use it to update your Wii Shop Channel.



    If you really, really want to use NUSD instead, here's how:

    -Start NUSD, if it's the first time using it, it will generate a certificate for you, just restart NUSD and continue.
    -With NUSD open click on the Database... button on the top right and follow through to System -> Shopping Channel -> YOUR Wii's REGION -> Latest.
    -For some reason, V17 gets downloaded as the latest, so type in 18 in the version box to the right of the Title ID box up top.
    -Then just make sure that Pack -> WAD box is checked and click Start NUS Download.
    -A folder will be created in the NUSD install folder which contains Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad.
    -Just copy that to the WAD folder on your SD card, insert it into your Wii and use your favorite WAD manager to install it.
    -Have a Beer, (Root Beer if under age)

    -[]D
    please tell me how to install the update i.e were do i put the file please mate sorry im a noob thanks

  7. #6
    New Member PPSainity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by subzdarg View Post
    please tell me how to install the update i.e were do i put the file please mate sorry im a noob thanks
    The Wii Shop and IOS51 installer contains both a .elf and .dol file. You need to use only one file, I prefer the .dol file but it really doesn't matter.

    I find the easiest way to run Wii Shop and IOS51 installer is to use the Homebrew Channel. If you do not have the Homebrew Channel installed just Google Wii softmod guide and you'll find plenty info on how to install it and more.

    To run the Shop and IOS51 installer, just create a folder like Shop Updater or something you can remember within the apps folder of your SD card. Place the 42_shop_installer_21_oct_by_marc.dol file from ZIP file (linked to above) and rename it to boot.dol. Then just insert your SD card into your Wii and launch the Homebrew Channel, you should see an entry labeled the same as the folder you made. Launch that entry and the Wii Shop Update will begin. After successfully updating the Wii Shop Channel you can delete the folder your created on your SD card.

    -[]D

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Works on 4.2u?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •