Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Best Firmware

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Best Firmware

    Sorry for bothering everyone. Still new at this. Just wanted to know if i should stay on my 3.2 firmware or should i upgrade?
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Depends on what you need. The 4.1 update will allow your Wii to use SDHC cards up to 32GB, you can play your VC/channels directly off the SD-saves some system memory, some online play requires the 4.1 sysmenu, and you can have about 20 channel pages displayed on your sysmenu.

    I'm not moving from my 3.2U, but I play off an external HDD, don't play online, don't need any extra system memory, and don't require the ability to load and play VC and the like off an SD card. Your needs may differ. For newer games I just have to install the new IOS needed by the game.
    Last edited by Gen3SF; 10-08-2009 at 07:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Depends on what you need. The 4.1 update will allow your Wii to use SDHC cards up to 32GB, you can play your VC/channels directly off the SD-saves some system memory, some online play requires the 4.1 sysmenu, and you can have about 20 channel pages displayed on your sysmenu.

    I'm not moving from my 3.2U, but I play off an external HDD, don't play online, don't need any extra system memory, and don't require the ability to load and play VC and the like off an SD card. Your needs may differ. For newer games I just have to install the new IOS needed by the game.
    Let's say i'm on Ver 3.1U, how can I update my Wii to 4.1?

    I know I have to install bannerbomb in order to run an update from a memory card/stick but what are the exact steps. Also please correct me if i'm wrong, thanks.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    15
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    gen3sf thanks for the reply. Doesnt sound like i really need it either. I dont play online the only thing i would be interested in is using the sdhc cards. I thought there was an ios that would allow sdhc cards to be read?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono-kun View Post
    Let's say i'm on Ver 3.1U, how can I update my Wii to 4.1?

    I know I have to install bannerbomb in order to run an update from a memory card/stick but what are the exact steps. Also please correct me if i'm wrong, thanks.
    Use this if all you need is to update to 4.1: ·http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...l-working.html

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Legendary
    EMPRESS of ALL
    Retired Head Admin

    Do NOT PM for Site or Wii Issues
    Gen3SF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,036
    Thanks
    434
    Thanked 4,658 Times in 2,237 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by CORRUPT27 View Post
    gen3sf thanks for the reply. Doesnt sound like i really need it either. I dont play online the only thing i would be interested in is using the sdhc cards. I thought there was an ios that would allow sdhc cards to be read?
    No, not just an IOS install. To get more function and storage from your 3.2Wii, I really would recommend you get a Western Digital external USB HDD.

    If you set it up with at least 2 partitions WBFS for the Wii to load and play your games and a FAT or FAT32 partition-the Wii will use that FAT/FAT32 partition as it would an SD card. You need the check into the latter possibility more as I haven't had time to explore it beyond just copying my SD there temporarily-I used some apps, not any VC/Wiiware-so read up and see if all SD card uses will run off that partition.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gen3sf View Post
    Use this if all you need is to update to 4.1: ·http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...l-working.html
    Thank you for your quick reply! Much appreciated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •