HD issues with USB loaders
Hi guys. Before I start, I'll let you know that I've searched the forums for a solution to my problem to no avail.
I've managed to install HBC, CIOS249rev14 and a few different HBC USB loaders (without pestering you guys for any help).
The problem I'm having is with my USB hard drive. In order to get it to work, I : -
- Start the wii
- Start HBC
- Start USB Loader GX (It tells me there is no HDD and starts searching and counting down from 30)
- Switch on the HDD
- It finds the HDD and asks me whether Iwant to use CIOS249 or CIOS222
- I select 249 (haven't got 222, isn't that for guitar hero?)
- It now tells me that the drive needs formatting.
- Now I exit USB loaderGX and enter any USB loader (including GX) and the drive is recognised along with the games.
Once this is done, I can turn off the Wii and turn it back on and it will recognise the drive fine. When the HDD is powered off however, I have to complete the steps again.
If I don't complete those steps, the hard drive always appears as "needs formatting" and shows four partitions that "Cannot be formatted" (the drive only has one partition).
I have tried the following usb loaders :
- Ultimate V7
- USBloader GX
If nobody can help, I at least hope my work around helps others who are having trouble.
PS. Does anybody else feel ripped off when they see how small the Wii Play and Wii Sports files are? lol