Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: USB Loader GX Crashes constantly

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    USB Loader GX is a very nice loader but it can get a bit much when they update versions more often than most people change their socks lol sometimes 5 times a day!

    r550 seems to be the latest stable version before all the code dumps and crashing started taking place. There is a custom version of r550 available at awiibit.com that is set to download covers from that site (GX and some other loaders no longer use wiiboxart.com).

    I'm gonna keep using that til another stable version of GX is released.
    I used to use GX, but when it wouldn't work right more than once, and having to check for updates all the time, I found a different loader. Configurable USB Loader, yes that one is updated sometimes , but not like GX. And it works all the time when I use it. It's nice, it uses coverflow and can look like the standard 1.5 loader, and has all the booting options.

  2. #12
    dex
    dex is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 79 Times in 30 Posts
    I just checked that out configurable USB Loader out again today... it just doesn't have the features GX does - and GX loads every game that can be loaded with a USB loader - AND rockband works with it with all instruments.

    I really would like the cover feature of Conf loader but it's way too slow to be useful. It takes way too long for the covers to load and by the time you get to one end of the alphabet it's unloaded all the covers from the other end so you have to start all over so the fancy cover feature might be okay if all you have are a few games... but it's useless if you are fully loaded.

    It's also weak on global configuration settings... I don't want to have to turn some features on and off for every game, like anti 002 fix.

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hello, I have been having the same issues. I have a NTSC Wii, D2Sun, Firmware 4.0 using Waninkoko software. Evertything works fine, all the games work fine. I decided to use USBLoader and USBLoader GX, both worked fine with a 1GB and 4GB pendrives, even with a chinese MP3 (the ones that have a micro sd slot) with a 2GB microSD. So I decided to buy an external enclosure (because I had and old 40GB Samsung Hard Disk and I'm in the process of buying a new hard drive for my PC so the 250GB would go to the enclosure). I installed, format and transfer some games, through WBFS Manager. Both loader show the games but with some when they start to load I get a black screen, with other random freezes. I tried with another hard drive (newer one) and the same thing. I tried with cIOS rev 10, 12, 13 and 13b, even with hermes cIOS 222 beta 4, and everything is the same, so it has to be the enclosure that it's not working right.

    I have installed all drives as a master, and in Windows as an external drive I have no issues

  4. #14
    Banned Banned Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts
    YOU DUMBOS

    just go HERE

    and download the latest revision of usb loader GX. bugs are being ironed out constantly. 1 or 2 new updates every day. btw, what revision do you have? look in the about menu (if the version is to old it might not be there).

  5. #15
    dex
    dex is offline
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Land of Fruits and Nuts
    Posts
    92
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 79 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThetaSigma View Post
    YOU DUMBOS

    just go HERE

    and download the latest revision of usb loader GX. bugs are being ironed out constantly. 1 or 2 new updates every day. btw, what revision do you have? look in the about menu (if the version is to old it might not be there).
    What you talkin' about, willis? They update more often than most ppl change socks - sometimes 5 times a day. MOST of their updates don't work... I still use the loader and they came out with an update today, r581, that's stable... but mostly they are more concerned with getting new features coded in than getting the bugs fixed on the features they've added their manic coding can get trying at times.

    Find a version that does everything you want it to and is stable and stick with it...

  6. #16
    Banned Banned Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    3,826
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 221 Times in 193 Posts
    so? it still might work...

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanchoGT View Post
    Hello, I have been having the same issues. I have a NTSC Wii, D2Sun, Firmware 4.0 using Waninkoko software. Evertything works fine, all the games work fine. I decided to use USBLoader and USBLoader GX, both worked fine with a 1GB and 4GB pendrives, even with a chinese MP3 (the ones that have a micro sd slot) with a 2GB microSD. So I decided to buy an external enclosure (because I had and old 40GB Samsung Hard Disk and I'm in the process of buying a new hard drive for my PC so the 250GB would go to the enclosure). I installed, format and transfer some games, through WBFS Manager. Both loader show the games but with some when they start to load I get a black screen, with other random freezes. I tried with another hard drive (newer one) and the same thing. I tried with cIOS rev 10, 12, 13 and 13b, even with hermes cIOS 222 beta 4, and everything is the same, so it has to be the enclosure that it's not working right.

    I have installed all drives as a master, and in Windows as an external drive I have no issues
    I have a feeling that either the SATA-USB bridge you're using is not compatible or the drive itself. If you have other hardware, I suggest you try loading some isos onto a USB key and trying that first. If it load, then you know it's the storage medium and not the wii or any of the software itself.

    Did you get a seagate drive? My own experience (and reading other people's posts) say that it's just not a great brand to try to hack with.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by soj89 View Post
    I have a feeling that either the SATA-USB bridge you're using is not compatible or the drive itself. If you have other hardware, I suggest you try loading some isos onto a USB key and trying that first. If it load, then you know it's the storage medium and not the wii or any of the software itself.

    Did you get a seagate drive? My own experience (and reading other people's posts) say that it's just not a great brand to try to hack with.
    the seagate freeagent desk I can confirm to have issues, do not get one.

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    76
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    i just put 3 games on my harddrive and they all come up with a black screen, i have 18 other games on there that all load fine, the games in question are fifa 09, fifa 10 and pro evo 2009. is it worth trying reinstall them??

    all the games play off disc but not off the usbloader gx.
    Last edited by wiileet; 10-14-2009 at 06:44 PM.

  10. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    I used to use GX, but when it wouldn't work right more than once, and having to check for updates all the time, I found a different loader. Configurable USB Loader, yes that one is updated sometimes , but not like GX. And it works all the time when I use it. It's nice, it uses coverflow and can look like the standard 1.5 loader, and has all the booting options.
    Same here - GX kept failing and giving me errors, Configurable USB Loader works every time perfect.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •